Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the exception of Laporte we've coped well in recent seasons with injuries to big players - KDB (previously) and Mendy ( over two seasons).
I feel pretty confident about this one because I think this is a great time for Bernie and Phil to step up and they look ready for it.
That improves squad morale and when Kev is back and hopefully Aguero we could have a great run in the final crucial third of the season.

Losing KDB for six weeks is a real blow to our title hopes. We’ve come to rely on him so much as the creator of many of our goal scoring chances. I’m not sure where the goals will come from without him, and we have some hard games coming up in February.
Let’s win on Tuesday and go from there, I doubt Kev will be out 6 wks, imo it’ll be abit shorter.

I think Pep is looking at how to build a team without Kun in it. (or any recognised striker)..he clearly has had this idea for a while and he is using Kuns absence to experiment with different options...if the rumours of messi are true (and we did get him) then again this could lead to us playing without a recognised centre forward (unless you class Messi as one)...I thikn Pep is quoted somewhere as once saying that if he could pay with 11 midfielders on a pitch he would ...I know this is an exaggeration but you can see what he means the way he likes his players to paly in multiple positions and have the skill set to do so:

GK's that can pass like a midfielder
Full backs that play in midfield
Centre halves who can pass through the lines
Forwards who can play mulitple positions and drop deep and link play

Players like Foden, Bernardo Silva etc etc are dreams for Pep because they can do this...I think i heard the other day that Pep said that Foden when much more experienced will play as a defensive midfielder (or with amuch more defensive role anyway)

I dont think he will go the whole hog (ie he will have a forward like GJ for instance) but I think his ideal wouldnt be too far off this.
It would be interesting to pick Pep's mind to see if he coud have ANY player on the planey in any position from any current playing what/who would he have......????

I don’t think an out and out striker is top of peps list either.
I find Foden being described as a defensive midfielder in the future baffling though.
Mainly because he’s a goal scorer. And a confident one.
That will be interesting to see pan out. And at what age he thinks Foden will be capable of the DM role.

Wasn’t Kev out for a fair bit of the treble season, seem to remember him missing for most of the run in and came on as sub in the FA cup final.
Missed 29 of 62 games that season... and it was a Quadruple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.