Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the worst international break I have seen with European teams having 3 WC qualifiers each, so an extra match and there won't be 10 subs giving runs outs etc. Even though the south Americans only have 2 games, they are qualifiers and battles - especially for Argentina.

England - San Marino H 25, Albania A 28, Poland H 31 - games get harder as they go along, likely to feature in last 2
Portugal - Azerb H 24, Sebia A 27, Luxem, H 30 - hopefully rested players for the Tuesday 30th game
Germany - Iceland H 25, Romania A 28, Macedonia A 31 - 3 tricky games
Belgium - Wales H 25, Czech A 28, Belarus H 31 - KDB to do the business in the first 2 and rest for easier game?
France - Ukraine H 24, Kazakhstan A 28, Bosnia A 31 - not much scope to rest players, 3 tricky ones an lots of miles
Ukraine - France A 24, Finland H 28, Kazakhstan H 31 - Finland crucial for qualification
Spain - Greece H 25 , Georgia A 28, Kosova H 31 = FT and Rodri likely to start the first 2 after the Germany demolition.

Algeria - nothing Scheduled so far, WC qualification group stage starts June 2021

Argentina - Uruguay H 26, Brazil A 30 - two very tough games with 14 out of 18 qualifiers remaining
Brazil - Colombia A 26, Argentina H 30 - almost as bad.

City away at Everton the Sat before 1730 on 20th, and have Leicester pencilled in away sat 3rd April, likely to be live on BT Sport at 1230 :) with Vardy having a good rest.

We have no say.

I really hope the players are smart enough to chose not to travel.

They will miss 2 games and maybe even 3 as they won’t be able to train with the team and will lose some fitness.

On top of this there is the risk they contract COVID and bring it back.

Ridicolous to have the international break but if FIFA haven’t cancelled it then the players need to refuse to go.

If a player wants to go he should be fined by the club. The same way they would likely be fined if they decided to take a trip to Dubai to get some sun on a day off in the middle of a pandemic.

In fairness, it was a very different time when he signed.

We had Laporte just back from injury. Otamendi was on the way out. Stones wasn't anywhere near his best at this stage. We were still using Fernandinho back there. Garcia was a wantaway. We had minimal leadership at the back. Koulibaly wasn't being signed at any rate soon and Dias wasn't considered financially viable at the time. We also had a dicey LB situation.

Aké was a very sensible signing at the time in my books.

I agree with all that. But worth considering that we were also reportedly in for him last summer, with their asking price being the reason it didn't happen, according to some papers. It happened really quickly as soon as the transfer window opened, so while a versatile cover signing, i dare say the interest in the player was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.