Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
No minutes tonight for Sergio? Can't see any way that he'll be up to full match fitness for the Final. At best, some time against Everton, and then on the bench for the Final. Maybe on as an impact sub for the last fifteen minutes or so.There's no other reasonable decision for Pep. And actually, there'll be a lot of people jostling to play that Everton game, to give Pep a selection headache. Torres for one. Gabi for another.

Wrap in cotton wool. Do not open until May 29th

I'd give him at least 45-60 mins against Everton or Brighton. Just to get him back to match sharpness.

I found myself wanting to like both, so I did. As Walt Whitman wrote: “Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes.”
Very consoling when you're inconsistent.

Pep Guardiola on Sergio Aguero: "He has niggles. He felt something before Newcastle. Today he is still not fit. Hopefully he will be ready for Everton. I hope so, I hope so..." [via
@Jack_Gaughan

Pep Guardiola on Sergio Aguero: "He has niggles. He felt something before Newcastle. Today he is still not fit. Hopefully he will be ready for Everton. I hope so, I hope so..." [via
@Jack_Gaughan
Aguero will be introduced as a 75th minute sub vs Everton to a standing ovation or maybe he starts and is replaced on 60 mins to his standing ovation. Depends on his fitness. The result is not important.

I found myself wanting to like both, so I did. As Walt Whitman wrote: “Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes.”
Very consoling when you're inconsistent.

I think he needs to play at least a half of football to make sure he's at full fitness and can contribute in the final. We don't want to end up like Spurs a couple of years ago, where they rushed Kane back for the final and he clearly wasn't ready for it.

If he isn't fit enough or isn't match sharp, then he shouldn't start in the final. We have done ok without him plenty of games this season.

He doesnt play because he is injured, and then we shouldnt play him when fit in case he gets injured?
It does seem unlikely that he can play two games per week without aggravating his niggles. Given that the last two games are fairly meaningless and there would be more to be gained by say, giving Torres another chance to show his ability as a central striker, it just seems prudent to save Aguero for the Everton game. Even if he can only manage a 10 min appearance at the end

No minutes tonight for Sergio? Can't see any way that he'll be up to full match fitness for the Final. At best, some time against Everton, and then on the bench for the Final. Maybe on as an impact sub for the last fifteen minutes or so.There's no other reasonable decision for Pep. And actually, there'll be a lot of people jostling to play that Everton game, to give Pep a selection headache. Torres for one. Gabi for another.
Unless we are 4-0 up with 5 minutes to go, Kun ain't getting anywhere near the starting 11 and not on the pitch.

I think he needs to play at least a half of football to make sure he's at full fitness and can contribute in the final. We don't want to end up like Spurs a couple of years ago, where they rushed Kane back for the final and he clearly wasn't ready for it.

If he isn't fit enough or isn't match sharp, then he shouldn't start in the final. We have done ok without him plenty of games this season.
I cant see any chance of Sergio starting the CL final. He might get on if we’re three up with 10 mins to play. He might get on if we’re losing with 10 mins to play (although Pep didnt bring him on when we were two down in the derby). He might get on if the match is heading to a penalty shoot out. But not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.