Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the height of arrogance for City fans to call Philips a sick note, him not play for us virtually all season, then suggest he walks not only into the England squad but team…so he can get some “pre-season” into his legs!

Meanwhile, about a dozen English midfielders have been sweating blood, week in and week out, to get on that plane.

Does Philips simply play a few mins for City between here and the squad announcement and book his ticket?

That’s a rag mentality IMHO.

Carry on…COME ON, ENGLAND!!

It's not arrogance it's based on Southgate. Maguire doesn't play for the rags but he starts for England because he is tried and trusted by the manager. It's the same with Phillips. He has been there and performed in major tournaments so if he is fit to play he goes and probably starts. Bellingham's emergence might mean he is on the bench but as a defensive manager Southgate will take Phillips if he can.

It's not arrogance it's based on Southgate. Maguire doesn't play for the rags but he starts for England because he is tried and trusted by the manager. It's the same with Phillips. He has been there and performed in major tournaments so if he is fit to play he goes and probably starts. Bellingham's emergence might mean he is on the bench but as a defensive manager Southgate will take Phillips if he can.
If he is fit to go, then what’s this nonsense about “preseason”? Doesn’t that, by definition, denote not fit?

The arrogance is to suggest that a player goes to the World Cup to represent his country, but really it’s to GET FIT so he can comeback and play a SUPPORTING ROLE for City.

It was obvious from the start where the arrogance was, but some are too blinded by their overly blue tinted specs.

I wou
If he is fit to go, then what’s this nonsense about “preseason”? Doesn’t that, by definition, denote not fit?

The arrogance is to suggest that a player goes to the World Cup to represent his country, but really it’s to GET FIT so he can comeback and play a SUPPORTING ROLE for City.

It was obvious from the start where the arrogance was, but some are too blinded by their overly blue tinted specs.
I would say a sizable minority of City fans to not give a flying fuck about England or indeed the World Cup for that matter. Phillips coming back fit and ready would be a silver lining.

It is the height of arrogance for City fans to call Philips a sick note, him not play for us virtually all season, then suggest he walks not only into the England squad but team…so he can get some “pre-season” into his legs!

Meanwhile, about a dozen English midfielders have been sweating blood, week in and week out, to get on that plane.

Does Philips simply play a few mins for City between here and the squad announcement and book his ticket?

That’s a rag mentality IMHO.

Carry on…COME ON, ENGLAND!!
Never said he was a sick note, just stated he's barely played for 12 months which is simple fact. I didn't suggest he walks straight into the team, nor did I say he will be using the world cup purely as a mini pre-season for the second half of the season, simply that it's a coincidental benefit for us. if he's fit, he gets in the squad comfortably, he's a southgate tried and trusted, every manager has their favourites, he's one of Waistcoats.

Never said he was a sick note, just stated he's barely played for 12 months which is simple fact. I didn't suggest he walks straight into the team, nor did I say he will be using the world cup purely as a mini pre-season for the second half of the season, simply that it's a coincidental benefit for us. if he's fit, he gets in the squad comfortably, he's a southgate tried and trusted, every manager has their favourites, he's one of Waistcoats.
We’re missing the fact that City are far better than England. Hence Phillips walks into the England team, but struggles to get into our first XI.

Given that we’re state owned, City should be allowed to enter the World Cup.

I would think the player would love to play in the WC for his country but is also hugely aware he needs to get fit and into our team, we cannot afford passengers with the standards we set.

There is no arrogance whatsoever in what people have said, if Phillips is fit to go to Qatar, and gets games under his belt, it will he a huge positive for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.