Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen it properly. Disgraceful by the manager that is. Our game has come a long way in terms of body image and mental health. Not a good look at all seeing the best coach in the world publicly air that. The poor lad will be jeered by opposition fans for the rest of his career for that.

Played at his first World Cup, probably ate a bit more fibre and salt than usual afterwards to celebrate with family. His body will retain that and show up on the scales. Pep should've left that to the people that know what they're doing, ignorant comments like that belong on the Med.
the guy is a highly paid professional , coming back overweight is out of order ,and he needs calling out for it,pep is the best manager in the world for a reason , he doesn't accept unprofessional behaviour , and i back him for calling phillips out, i could understand if he had played a lot of games and had a bit of a blow out, but he has struggled with fitness, and his world cup jaunt should of been the perfect climate to get himself 100% fit and ready for his new club , as for being jeered at by opposition fans, he should be more worried about getting it off city fans.

Just seen it properly. Disgraceful by the manager that is. Our game has come a long way in terms of body image and mental health. Not a good look at all seeing the best coach in the world publicly air that. The poor lad will be jeered by opposition fans for the rest of his career for that.

Played at his first World Cup, probably ate a bit more fibre and salt than usual afterwards to celebrate with family. His body will retain that and show up on the scales. Pep should've left that to the people that know what they're doing, ignorant comments like that belong on the Med.
Thank you for being one of the very few intelligent, non-toxic responses I've seen on this. To air this kind of grievance publicly is extremely poor behaviour and judgement by Pep, IMO.

And now see these comments by Pep are the main headline on the news websites. The Guardian main sports headline is this and it even made it onto Top Stories on the BBC News website (not Sport - the News!). How on earth humiliating someone like this is supposed to be helpful or healthy, I've no idea. Surely a private conversation where Pep informed KP of his deep unhappiness with the situation and told him be wouldn't play until it's sorted out (and whatever other consequences there would be) would have been just as effective.

As it is, the headlines are now about a City internal squabble, not Liverpool fans injuring City fans with missiles. But Pep's had his petty revenge against a player for displeasing him, so that's the important thing.

I understand what you are saying, but do we actually know the full facts?

There is a possibility that something worse has happened and to say weight and to half-blame the England backroom staff is a cover.

For example, I read in the World Cup Chesney (the Poland keeper) was essentially sacked by Arsenal when he was younger, as he was caught smoking in the changing rooms!

Perhaps when injured at the start of the season Phillips had been partying hard (alcohol perhaps?) and that showed up in testing.... Pep wouldn't want to come out and say that, so he has gone with the weight issue instead... but only really he and the player and a select few medical people will know the truth and we have to be accepting of that.
You say "do we actually know the full facts?" then proceed to post a load of pure speculation and invention which we have absolutely no basis for. Give me strength.

Thank you for being one of the very few intelligent, non-toxic responses I've seen on this. To air this kind of grievance publicly is extremely poor behaviour and judgement by Pep, IMO.

And now see these comments by Pep are the main headline on the news websites. The Guardian main sports headline is this and it even made it onto Top Stories on the BBC News website (not Sport - the News!). How on earth humiliating someone like this is supposed to be helpful or healthy, I've no idea. Surely a private conversation where Pep informed KP of his deep unhappiness with the situation and told him be wouldn't play until it's sorted out (and whatever other consequences there would be) would have been just as effective.

As it is, the headlines are now about a City internal squabble, not Liverpool fans injuring City fans with missiles. But Pep's had his petty revenge against a player for displeasing him, so that's the important thing.
hes a big boy , plays in a big team , earns big wages and needs to pull his finger out , if not he will be shipped out, up to him , as for it being a squabble, no it isn't , it says to the world if you're not 100% committed then you will pay the consequences , why should pep have to hide behind a lie, no, he has fronted phillips up and given him the opportunity to do something about it

so its only an intelligent response if it agrees with what you're saying ?, as for being toxic ffs , pep knows what hes doing and doing it for the right reasons, maybe pep has had a private conversation with him and didn't get the response he was looking for, cant be doing with soft soaping things personally , he fucked up and will learn from this and if he doesn't tough shit for him

Maybe, just maybe, he has already had warnings, maybe, just maybe, this is the reason why he has not been getting a lot of game time and the shoulder injury has been used to cover that up.

For my part, I never wanted him at City, I wanted us to promote Lavia to the squad but now he is here I would rather see him do well but this is poor from him tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.