Inter (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Strongly, I am ok with that shirt, but not the performance. Although I don't get it we had to have it on in a home game. We just continued where we left last season, another mediocre home performance against a stronger team that can defend and can counterattack. Stems a lot from Pep's obsession with having Haaland in anchored to three square yards and barely moving. I am sick hearing that bullshit how even when not scoring he is dragging people out of their positions. I just saw enough of him in this type of games that I dream of Pep doing false nine and having him on the bench. Our best moments that came in the second half were quick passes on the box line and inside the box.
Bollocks

The shirts shit

Foden has to score that it was the best chance

Silva has to score that in the first half it was the second best chance

Jack was good

Rodri looked unfit, understandably

Its fuckin dire mate.I live near Milan now and i see enough of them every week... and it cures my insomnia.
There’s plenty of ways to try and win a football match. They sat in (as 99% of teams do against us, as Arsenal will on Sunday also), but have bags of technical quality. Proper side, will comfortably finish in the top 8 with us.

A performance as insipid as that bloody awful kit. We moved the ball forward far too slowly, that's when we did go forward rather than to the side. There is also a marked reluctance to actually shoot when the opportunity ariises and elect for a pass instead.
They defended very well in great numbers but they only had to jog back in order to get everyone back as we crept forward. Luckily for us they were crap at shooting.
A disappointing result with a couple of tough away games to come.

That may well be the most disciplined and savvy defence that's played at the Etihad in years. Anybody not giving them credit needs to take the sky blue specs off. We needed to be sharper into the tackle, sharper in our passes, just generally more up for it, for sure. But it's not only on us. They were very fast in transitioning, precise in their passing, often one touch (us almost never!) to get the ball upfield as fast as possible. The very opposite of us in fact. They could have won it — Mykitaryan (or however you spell his name) should have put that ball in the net, from that range, rather than blasting it over the bar. Their defence was completely caught out once, and once only — perfect ball onto Gundo's head. He really should have done better on that. Otherwise they had our number. A few half chances. Phil could have done better.
Nothing disastrous. I'll take it for the time being. That was one of the best teams in the competition, in my view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.