Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

We would dominate the competition from here on. I see us retaining the title next season

I don't see that, it's a cup competition and in my opinion actually the hardest of all the trophies to win - simply because of the strength of the teams and also how much luck is involved.

Part of me wants to rub it in to all those daft pundits and blinkered fans of other teams who insisted Pep could never win the CL without Messi, that we had a 'keeper who could kick but couldn't make the important saves and so on and so on. But this is my team, the team I've supported for nearly 70 years and I'm just so proud of them today: of Eddie who made the really big saves when it really mattered, of Dias who was immense, of the super intelligent Jonni Stones, of Ilkay you'd better not leave Gundo, of Erling goal machine Haaland and all the lads. Well done to all. A million thanks to Sir Pep and Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon and all involved. And one final thought - we didn't play particularly well but we won. Next season we won't be nervous .... Anyway I'll be able to post again later when I'm sober!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.