Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

You know among all the euphoria and celebrations it’s easy to forget the ones who missed it.
I’ve just been reading some posts on FB and one lady said she cried because her Dad had been looking forward to the game and he died 3 weeks ago. So sad.
Another one said her Dad died 12 months ago and a lad was talking about his Dad who had been there for so many years and died a couple of years ago.

I hope they were all together celebrating in the stand with no name and looking down on us and the team with pride. RIP to all the Blues who went before our historic win.
And I think all those Dads were standing next to Dias last night, blowing the ball past the post because I’ve got no other idea how Dias managed to, in a nano-second and from point blank range, twist his neck to such an angle as to accurately direct the ball away from goal, other than the supernatural…

It hasn't really hit home yet. We actually did it.
I wouldn't begrudge another team winning the lottery either. If a fan can experience this once in a lifetime, I wouldn't object to it.

I really do object to certain other clubs and fanbases who really do believe they have a divine right to monopolise success.

I can’t say I really enjoyed it. I was sick to my stomach until the final whistle and that was our worst performance in Europe this year.
Buzzing now, though.
I didn’t enjoy the game either. Not even for our performance overall, just how the game went. It was painful.

Until that final whistle went and I was elated!

The game is a hard one to sum up, we felt the Italian vibes very very hard. I thought Inter were fantastic actually, they were lacking the quality to do us over but let's be honest, Lukaku fucked it up royally for them and we're looking at penalties.

We dug really deep, great effort all over the park and Eddie waits for the big one to pull out his biggest performance.
Nope, we’d have been looking at extra time

I didn’t enjoy the game either. Not even for our performance overall, just how the game went. It was painful.

Until that final whistle went and I was elated!
It felt very tense in the stadium to be fair. Inter’s understandable spoiling tactics were getting to players and fans, however, that feeling at the end. It felt very, very close to QPR for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.