Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

What a season,what a night, what a team, so proud of everyone at City. Such a tough season with so many players at the world cup, pure hard graft and determination to win 3 trophies ! They looked absolutely shattered at the end.
Big shout out to blues who made the trip, some great footage, wish I could have been there.
This is how it feels to be City !

After all's been said and done; after that magnificent victory against tough opposition, bringing us the final element of the treble, and not wanting to be critical, I wonder whether Pep will conclude that the players got too much rest and lost too much momentum in the final 2-3 weeks of the season.
I know he reviews everything to the n'th degree. It'd be interesting to know whether he'd conclude that our previous fantastic rhythm - missing in both finals - was lost partly due to a lack of match sharpness.

After all's been said and done; after that magnificent victory against tough opposition, bringing us the final element of the treble, and not wanting to be critical, I wonder whether Pep will conclude that the players got too much rest and lost too much momentum in the final 2-3 weeks of the season.
I know he reviews everything to the n'th degree. It'd be interesting to know whether he'd conclude that our previous fantastic rhythm - missing in both finals - was lost partly due to a lack of match sharpness.
It was a catch 22, rest players and tiredness kicks in after a season that started last July, keep playing them and risk a complete burnout.

think he got it right

Dunno if this has been mentioned, but we vilify bt sport and rightly so. I thought the commentary was really pro-city last night and you can hear Pointy and others cheering when rodri buries it then again at the final whistle.

The tide is turning

It was a horrible game but we found the strength to get over the line and deserved it from our performances in this competition over the last few years. Inter were limited but very good at what they do. Many of our players were suffering from nerves. As Rodri put it, there stomach was in their heads. Class won it for us, the goal beautifully executed.

Just to highlight John Stones, whilst others were struggling with individual performances, he was majestic. In a new role he often looked the best player on the pitch. Pep was right all those years ago about the size of his cojones. Great to see and just reward for his hard work and dedication to the team.

I have to admit getting wet around the eyes when listening to the players obvious love for the club. Walker in particular but Rodri and Grealish too. Heartfelt emotion and an obvious bond.

Well done everyone in Istanbul. A credit to the club, fans, players and staff alike.

What a time to be a Blue.
Pity you can't rhyme Stones and cojones...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.