Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

Dunno if this has been mentioned, but we vilify bt sport and rightly so. I thought the commentary was really pro-city last night and you can hear Pointy and others cheering when rodri buries it then again at the final whistle.

The tide is turning

They were very fair and very pro-City.

Only took them years to do it and it was their last ever broadcast, lol.

I hated every minute, apart from one, of the game last night.

Inter set out to do what they needed to do and I have to say I thought they made the game very hard for us. They were definitely there on merit and I wonder how long their manager will be there for? To take them to a CL and be very close to taking it to ET is impressive and I thought their setup was as good as he could do.

We just couldn't find our rhythm and for some reason, I felt we were a bit sloppy with our passing. We always looked like we were due a mistake, but full credit to the team they dug in and pulled through.

I do think that now we've one a CL, we'll start to win others now. It was like when we won the FA Cup, something in the team changed and the mentality of the club changed. We went from losers to winners and when you think about some of the goals in the years that followed - Kompany v United, Kompany v Leicester, Aguero v QPR etc etc it shows what winners do. My only worry is that Pep sees this as "job done" now when I honestly think that with players like Dias, Rodri, Grealish, Haaland, Alvarez, Stones, Ake, Ederson, Foden either being at their peak - or the peak a good few years off - he's got plenty to work with to make sure his legacy is sealed.

There will be debates about the best team of all time in England and without question, this team would hammer United 99, Arsenal's Invincibles and dare I say it our Centurions.

Enjoy it blues, it might not last forever! CTID.

Watched the whole match again today, without the adrenaline fuelled stress and a few things became apparent.
We weren’t shit, we actually pretty much controlled the whole game. There were nerves in the first half with a few missed passes and rushed clearances, but inter never really threatened anything until the last 15 minutes. The performance was super professional rather than spectacular, but I did sense that everyone was at the very end of their physical and psychological tether. Thank god it couldn’t go to a replay.
Eddy, Reuben, Johnny and Phil had brilliant games and no individual from inter really stood out. It was not a lucky win, it was the fully deserved outcome for the better team.
They all now deserve a bloody good rest and a fantastic holiday.

After all's been said and done; after that magnificent victory against tough opposition, bringing us the final element of the treble, and not wanting to be critical, I wonder whether Pep will conclude that the players got too much rest and lost too much momentum in the final 2-3 weeks of the season.
I know he reviews everything to the n'th degree. It'd be interesting to know whether he'd conclude that our previous fantastic rhythm - missing in both finals - was lost partly due to a lack of match sharpness.
As I said earlier in the thread, the two teams we played in the finals only had one aim; to stifle our open, free-flowing game and frustrate us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.