Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

I think we are wise enough to realise that football is cyclic and this is our time at the moment so make the most of it and enjoy what we are achieving. The acid test is when Pep goes and who we replace him with as long as it’s not Moyes
Yeah, once Pep goes it'll all likely change.
Enjoy it whilst we can

Went round to my sister’s to watch the game. She’s only up the road. It seemed the ‘lucky’ thing to do, did the same for the FA Cup Final and missed both goals! First half I got there couple minutes after kick off. Her fella runs out of the lounge shouting “It took yer 13 seconds…” I said “Nah, I was at least 4 minutes…” He said “ No, you clown, you’ve scored!” Went back to mine at half time to do something or other and came back for the 2nd half to be met with “You’ve done it again!”

So I went with the same MO for the CL. The details weren’t the same but the outcome was. Watching it, I remember thinking we’d sacrificed some fluidity to nullify Inter, which we did. Then it was a question of being patient and taking a chance when it came… Their centre back (forgot his name) was like a moth to light, he was drawn hypnotised out of position – and we were in. Professor Rodri’s slide rule sledgehammer did the rest.

Eddie’s save and Dias’s subsequent header was the most surreal moment of the game for me. I saw the ball ‘hit’ Dias… and then my mind invented the ball in the back of the net. Head in hands, abject despair, of course they've fuckin equalised, of course they have... and my sister’s fella is going "they aren’t celebrating…" So I look back at the telly, confused as fuck trying to work out why Inter are taking a corner. I kept repeating "What’s just happened…?" Still don't know; I think Dias bent space and time in that instant.

At the final whistle… stunned. I don’t think it was until the commentator eventually said, after a few minutes of lyrical waxing, “Manchester City, European Champions…” the emotion kicked in. Heard that and I was gone.

Couple of days ago, was waiting for my bus in Carlisle. There was a lad at the station in a rag top, a blue one, presumably new away shirt. I had a moment of childishness; a bus came in to the stand, not mine. This lad comes forward when he saw I wasn’t moving to get on. “Do you want this bus?” He asked. I said “No, I’m waiting for the treble… sorry, the 93…” He kept his head down and got on his bus.

We really are here aren’t we.

Never watch games on TV, but having hid away during the entire match I finally watched it last night on BT Sport. Game went exactly as you'd expect a final between two quality teams in good form in humid conditions to go. Few chances, one piece of supreme quality to win it, one bit of luck with Lukaku header.

Not sure how else City or Inter could have played it, or how you could avoid other team pumping balls into the box late on when a goal down, a couple of which caused anxious moments. Overall City kept the ball well, Inter had more shots but most of them wild.

Love that shot upthread of the Rodri goal from above.

Fuck Me …. Pearce must have taken his dog to Istanbul only for it to get run over by a City bus. That can be the only reason he looks so glum.

Fair do’s to Durham who punched the air in celebration at the final whistle.

Durham is one of the few who sees what the ownership has done for the whole of East Manchester as well as the club. He has been very fair with his coverage over the years.

Never watch games on TV, but having hid away during the entire match I finally watched it last night on BT Sport. Game went exactly as you'd expect a final between two quality teams in good form in humid conditions to go. Few chances, one piece of supreme quality to win it, one bit of luck with Lukaku header.

Not sure how else City or Inter could have played it, or how you could avoid other team pumping balls into the box late on when a goal down, a couple of which caused anxious moments. Overall City kept the ball well, Inter had more shots but most of them wild.

Love that shot upthread of the Rodri goal from above.
Snap! Never watched the game in Egypt due to nerves and a very poor quality old fashioned SD projection large screen.

Got back in the early hours of Saturday morning and having read a lot of reports online I fully expected more from Inter. City not at their best but if Phil had gone left with his shot I reckon the game would have finished 4-0.

For once we got some luck that was completely missing against Real last year and against Spurs, Liverpool, Lyon and Monaco in previous years.

Snap! Never watched the game in Egypt due to nerves and a very poor quality old fashioned SD projection large screen.

Got back in the early hours of Saturday morning and having read a lot of reports online I fully expected more from Inter. City not at their best but if Phil had gone left with his shot I reckon the game would have finished 4-0.

For once we got some luck that was completely missing against Real last year and against Spurs, Liverpool, Lyon and Monaco in previous years.
Agree, the reports suggest Inter were unlucky but it was only a couple of chances. Some people seem to expect City to have 80% possession and restrict all opponents to one long-range shot these days.

I've never watched ANY of the European games I didn't go to in person ! Not even the 2021 final.

Looking back at the highlights vid it pisses me off a tad that the ref blows his final whistle when he does. Much prefer it when the ball is in play and we’re all biting our nails then the whistle goes it’s like a goal goes in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.