Inter Milan (N) | Champions League Final | Post Match Thread

I said I wouldn't, but I will; social media highlights;

I genuinely hope this is the start of a revolt of some sorts against City. Usually it’s just us who gets shafted, but because it’s us no one cares. With United losing their treble and the FA cup, Arsenal losing the league and now Europe being tainted by the vermin, I really really really do wish this is a turning point, not sure how or what could be done at this point but just wishful thinking.
(Idea: Perhaps there could some sort of sporting contest, or contests, so this sort of grief and rivalry can be resolved.)

All this "somehow City always finds a way" commentary is a bit like saying "somehow the king always manages to pay his rent."

Like yeah... it would be a bit damning if they didn't
This guy gets it. It's sport! Of course it is. Let's think; If City are ALWAYS expected to find a way, does that mean Liverpool, equivalent wage bill and all, are USUALLY expected to find a way? To... I dunno. The top four? Or a trophy? Failure to do so WOULD be pretty damning. Not sure I really get this "the king can't pay his rent" metaphor tho. Why the king? Why not... an American billionaire? I mean, such a dude, or dudes... 'the rent'.. that's a low bar isn't it? Shouldn't such people... I dunno... if neccessary. Be able to build a new home? After a decade and som? What about this; maybe being billionaires, they wouldn't have to stoop to stealing scouting reports. Is that a fair benchmark?
The near total gentrification and disneyfication of football is inevitable. Hard to pinpoit when it started but when Abramovich bought Chelsea and then went on to buy the prem, the writing was on the wall. It's just been one sucker punch blow to football after another since then. I declared football to be dead when Chelsea won the UCL.

I take solace in supporting a club that has history, is a people’s club, and still has ambition. City fans will never feel what we feel for our club, and for that I pity them.
Waaaah, warra fucking riot. I can't even. Obviously, I pity us all, too. People really are so silly, does literally no one have a "pretentious, moi?" sensor installed?
It’s astonishing how little people care about city, just scored a possible Champions league winning goal and it’s just silent on twitter.
Yes! That's what I'm saying - last poster - out of touch or what. Those complaints are memes from like, five years back. This guy tho, is on the ball. It's social media that matters now. Something's different, for sure. Maybe the people usually on his feed have... I dunno. Shut up? In which case - good for them. Shutting the fuck up is a solid choice in so many situations.

I don't think that's what he means tho. Take the last two commentators together; we have the major criticism: City fans will never know! (what that year on twitter was like)

Nope. We will never know how honestly fulfilling and meaningful all that twittering was. No one has ever felt that sort of.... internet.... buzz. Not that it's the whole point of social media, that EVERYONE gets the buzz, and the first one is always the best. No. That's not it. I mean... twitter was like still fresh then. To these guys. You just can't imagine how real that shit felt. Thanks, random human beings. Always find a way to make me wet my fucking pants at how shallow we are.

Just FWIW, I, and most of you lot, are pretty much this ridiculous. But it certainly makes sense that one more than one occassion, people told me to congratulate your rivals when the contest is over. Cos my conclusion here is, dammit, they were SO right. They weren't saying it for the other guys good. They were saying it so save us from going to great and important lengths in order to subject ourselves to excruciating embarrassment and serious helpings of false pride.

Look on the positive side mate. There will be times in the future when you will lift him up again.
Can't do that with my lad now as he is 6ft 4 and its more likely that he will lift me up.
Wishing you all the best.
A thousand blessings Blue for taking the time out from your celebrations to message such kind words. Damn right mate, if this team carries on the way they are then I'll need a chiropractor from lifting up :) enjoy your night and your lad too.

The more the game wore on the more I thought we would lose. Inter were fantastic and I believe the best team lost.

Luck....finally luck. We had it. And we deserved it.

I am so drunk. Beyond drunk. But I will never forget the tears from this moment. Mum I miss you. Thank you for taking me to Maine Road. For making this dream become my dream. I wish you were here to see it. Thank you Pep. Thank you City. You have made me happier than I ever imagined.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.