Inter Milan Vs Manchester City Match Thread

I am going to play devils advocate here.

Yes that was a poor performance and in general our performances on the US tour have been poor in general.

However we have played nothing like a full strength side and squad in any of the games.

Take the Inter game, no Tevez, Koralov, De Jong, Silva or Boatang.

All of these players will be defeinate starters for us IMO thats half a team of very good quality missing even without any other potential signins (new centre forward, milner etc)

Personally I dont think Vieras sending off was such, it was obviously harsh and totally ruined the game for us was only going to be one winner after that, but hes got a rep as a dirty player as we all know that if you jump up and throw your elbow in another players face that is what can happen.

Personally I see him as a liability as he proved last night, I am presuming that with Yaya Toure, De jong (Probably first choice centre midfield especially away and in difficult games ) Then Barry, Zabs and possibly even Kompany as cover we will hardly ever see Viera. Hes too fat, too slow and too old should never have been given another year, at this stage all he is doing is spoiling his legacy in English football IMO.

If hes there as a dressing room cheerleader and management enforcer fine, I have no problem with that but pay him accordingly and dont waste a squad number on him - its very obvious we have 5 other players in the squad that are significantly better than him in that position at this stage.

With another huge amount of upheveal of our squad this summer - 4 - 6 new players in and up to 16 leaving we are always going to get the press and other fans saying its why we will never win anything, the only thing to do is get some results and prove them wrong.

I do think this must be the last time we do such majory rebuilding it must be massively unsetteling for existing squad players and of course the new players comming in, moving to a new country and club etc...

alera said:

Yes that was a poor performance and in general our performances on the US tour have been poor in general.

However we have played nothing like a full strength side and squad in any of the games.

All of these players will be defeinate starters for us IMO thats half a team of very good quality missing even without any other potential signins (new centre forward, milner etc)

Personally I dont think Vieras sending off was such, it was obviously harsh and totally ruined the game for us was only going to be one winner after that, but hes got a rep as a dirty player as we all know that if you jump up and throw your elbow in another players face that is what can happen.

Personally I see him as a liability as he proved last night, I am presuming that with Yaya Toure, De jong (Probably first choice centre midfield especially away and in difficult games ) Then Barry, Zabs and possibly even Kopmany as cover we will hardly ever see Viera. Hes too fat, too slow and too old should never have been given another year, at this stage all he is doing is spoiling his legacy in English football IMO.

If hes there as a dressing room cheerleader and manageent enforcer fine, I have no problem with that but pay him accordingly and dont waste a squad number on him - its very obvious we have 5 other players in the squad that are significantly better than him in that position at this stage.

With another huge amount of upheveal of our squad this summer - 4 - 6 new players in and up to 16 leaving we are always going to get the press and other fans saying its why we will never win anything, the only thing to do is get some results and prove them wrong. I do think this must be the last time we do such majory rebuilding it must be massively unsetteling for existing squad players and of course the new players comming in, moving to a new country and club etc...
Agreed with all that except the sending off. It wasn't even a yellow. Materazzi conned the ref. Not sure it really matters.

The sending off was a joke and because and ruined the game, because it was so early in the game I don't think it's worth analysing the match too much considering it was a pre-season friendly

But time to step it up in the Dortmund and Valencia games

alera said:

Personally I see him as a liability as he proved last night, I am presuming that with Yaya Toure, De jong (Probably first choice centre midfield especially away and in difficult games ) Then Barry, Zabs and possibly even Kompany as cover we will hardly ever see Viera. Hes too fat, too slow and too old should never have been given another year, at this stage all he is doing is spoiling his legacy in English football IMO.

If hes there as a dressing room cheerleader and management enforcer fine, I have no problem with that but pay him accordingly and dont waste a squad number on him - its very obvious we have 5 other players in the squad that are significantly better than him in that position at this stage.

With another huge amount of upheveal of our squad this summer - 4 - 6 new players in and up to 16 leaving we are always going to get the press and other fans saying its why we will never win anything, the only thing to do is get some results and prove them wrong.

I do think this must be the last time we do such majory rebuilding it must be massively unsetteling for existing squad players and of course the new players comming in, moving to a new country and club etc...

OK - 4 players missing but that will happen in the league with injuries / suspensions and rotation - we all believe that we have one of the strongest squads of any team - based upon what i and no doubr others saw simple fact is we aint - thats what was worrying

The Fat el Hombre said:
The sending off was a joke and because and ruined the game, because it was so early in the game I don't think it's worth analysing the match too much considering it was a pre-season friendly

But time to step it up in the Dortmund and Valencia games

succinct and to the point, I wouldn't even waste 5 mins of my life reading the bollocks that has been undoubtedly posted in this and the other threads.

dctid said:
OK - 4 players missing but that will happen in the league with injuries / suspensions and rotation - we all believe that we have one of the strongest squads of any team - based upon what i and no doubr others saw simple fact is we aint - thats what was worrying

It was a pre-season match.

With 10 men for the bulk of it.

Against the champions of Europe.

Any more flapping on this forum and it will take off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.