Inter Milan

I agree although Inter did A LOT less shithousing than Roma did TBF to them... Mourinho is a dinosaur.
Yeah it was nowhere near Mourinho/Roma levels from last week.

Apart from the odd thing from a couple of theirs (mainly that Martinez), I think it was a fair game last night.

Every time Roma got a free kick last week the Roma players surrounded the ref demanding a booking and the Roma bench was on the pitch or in the Sevilla technical area. Every time Sevilla got a free kick last week the Roma players surrounded the ref arguing against the decision and the Roma bench was on the pitch or in the Sevilla technical area. Every time the ball was in the air last week there’d be a Roma player rolling around on the floor holding his face/head and the Roma bench was on the pitch or in the Sevilla technical area.

Inter were fine last night bar the odd thing. Just usual Italian stuff.

Yeah it was nowhere near Mourinho/Roma levels from last week.

Apart from the odd thing from a couple of theirs (mainly that Martinez), I think it was a fair game last night.

Every time Roma got a free kick last week the Roma players surrounded the ref demanding a booking and the Roma bench was on the pitch or in the Sevilla technical area. Every time Sevilla got a free kick last week the Roma players surrounded the ref arguing against the decision and the Roma bench was on the pitch or in the Sevilla technical area. Every time the ball was in the air last week there’d be a Roma player rolling around on the floor holding his face/head and the Roma bench was on the pitch or in the Sevilla technical area.

Inter were fine last night bar the odd thing. Just usual Italian stuff.
That's more of a top down mentality that comes from Mourinho with every club he goes to, his siege mentality, shithousery and confrontational style seeps into the fans.

Full credit to Inter, they made it a very competitive cup final and I had them down for a full low block and being on the deck for the whole match so delighted to have got that prediction wrong.

fucking legend. king of the gifs!
here's to you @Inter Me Nan

efb2fe89-f7a2-460b-9cba-09237c9cb4ba_text.gif

They were chasing a cup treble of their own, and didn't get to the final by chance. They played the game to win, and absolutely deserve respect as an oponent. Fair play it being acknowledged here.

Inter are probably my favourite Italian side, always wanted them to do well when Bobby Manc was there and in recent years with Dzeko and Kolarov being there.

Obviously absolutely buzzing we won but had the worst happened I'd feel a bit like when Italy beat England in the final I think. Seeing Mancini with the trophy took the edge off and I was delighted for him.

Part of me would've been happy to see Dzeko lift that trophy on Saturday.

I wasn't lucky enough to be in Istanbul but it's been lovely to read so many accounts of City and Inter fans getting on, sounds like it was a proper carnival atmosphere which is exactly how it should be. Funny how when a certain other English club aren't involved, there's no mass rioting and armed police having to be called, eh.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on Inter next season and hope they do well.

Well done and all that ......but i dont ever want to play an Italian shithouse team ever again.Their brand of football is awful,of course they play to their strengths.....but its horrible to watch and infuriating in the extreme.

The game last night was exactly what i was expecting,not great.

Plenty of English opposition teams do that too tbh. As you say it's infuriating but agree that they have to play to their strengths.

Personally didn't think they were too bad, especially compared to Roma. Very aggressive in their play and the lad Acerbi liked to disrupt play as much as he could.

Credit to their club and fans, well done Inter.

It would be nice if some Italian speaking blue could direct their main Italian Inter forum to this thread just so they knew what we thought of them.

Credit where it’s due. Forza Inter!

I’ve always liked Italian football since the days of channel 4’s highlights so it was nice to see an Italian team get to the final. Given how well they executed Inzaghi’s plan we couldn’t really have complained had they won. Luckily we did enough, a gutsy, battling performance to match theirs. Good to see their fans were decent too, very different to a lot of the arseholes following certain English clubs, particularly those in red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.