Inter v AC Milan - Tue 16th May, 20:00 | Champions League Semi-Final

Who do you think will progress?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You are much stronger than Real. However, we might have a slightly better chance with you than with Real, for the following reason: Real wouldn't look down on us. They are very wary and suspicious, and they have a manager who knows very well Inzaghi. Ancelotti prepares matches super thoroughly, even against teams that are weaker than us, it's his attitude. I'm not sure that Guardiola will do that. We surprised him in the semis of 2010, he came to Milan with a superiority attitude and we beat Barcelona 3-1, and it was the Barcelona of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Ibrahimovic. By reading many comments here, and also some illustrious City fans, I am of the impression that you consider Inter a very easy task. That is where our 1% of us winning the final lies. The 99% of chances are still with you, though.

You wont get many City fans over confident or expecting to win. We should win, we are favourites to win, but as fans we still can't help but be nervous. Arrogance and expecting to win hasn't crept in yet despite Pep's formidable record. And we lost to Chelsea in the final when we should have won.

I wouldn't expect Pep to ever disrespect or dismiss a team's abilities. Sometimes his plan just doesn't work.

And we lost to Chelsea in the final when we should have won.
There was less quality gap between City and Chelsea that year, than there is now between City and Inter. Today's City is probably the strongest City ever, I was really impressed by how City dominated the match against Real. I seldom saw a team play with that power, intensity, and level of confidence. Today's Inter on the other hand is weaker than how Chelsea used to be when it won the Champions League. I wish it wasn't that way, but, it would be futile to deny evidence. Grealish alone costed almost as much money than the starting eleven of Inter. I actually think that your reserves would beat our starters more often than not.

I actually think that your reserves would beat our starters more often than not.
I would add that, by looking at the players, there is not one Inter player that would play as a starter in City.
Or actually... there could be one: Skriniar... but he's out since January and not going to be in istanbul.

I don't think so. We are not good at stonewalling, when we try that, we always lose. Since 99% we are going to lose the final anyway, then I expect us to play our usual football, cautiously, but trying to attack, because if there is a field zone where City is not totally unplayable, that is defense. Remember, we defeated Barcelona this year in the group by playing offensive football, and Barcelona shares with City the same philosophy of ball possession, although of course City is much stronger.
"Anticipo secco, nettissimo di Berti!" (sorry, I couldn't help it! you will know what my reference is!)

As for what you said, you are probably right, though I still expect Inzaghi to try and limit Man City's game as much as possible. Meeting City face-to-face in an open game would be risky. I am not expecting a stonewalling-catenaccio type of game, but rather an attempt to pull off a tactical masterpiece (which will most likely fail anyway)

The final will be a tough game, anything can happen in a one off game.
Look what happened against Chelsea, a game we should have won but we lost to a dogshit side because we just never turned up .

Hmmm..

They play a bit like Brentford and we have had trouble with Brentford.

Basically physical park the bus and 2 center forwards in Lautaro and Dzeko/ Lukaku looking to counter.

Will be a very physical game and they will be hard to break down. It won't be easy.. anyone saying it's easy has blinders on.

Fingers crossed we can do it.

Hmmm..

Basically physical park the bus and 2 center forwards in Lautaro and Dzeko/ Lukaku looking to counter.

Will be a very physical game and they will be hard to break down. It won't be easy.. anyone saying it's easy has blinders on.

Dzeko 93rd minute winner...

Hmmm..

Hmm... Full strength against Brentford then

Ancelotti prepares matches super thoroughly, even against teams that are weaker than us, it's his attitude. I'm not sure that Guardiola will do that.

You make some decent points, but you don't know much about Pep if you think he's going to underestimate you. He'll prepare the game more thoroughly than Ancelotti.

You have at least 20% chance to win. You have many internationals, you are not a team from the lower leagues to have only 1% chance. But it's true City are very, very strong.

As for what you said, you are probably right, though I still expect Inzaghi to try and limit Man City's game as much as possible. Meeting City face-to-face in an open game would be risky.
Leave ball possession completely to City? Defend in the box? With Haaland inside? Highway to death. Inter wouldn't stand a chance that way.
Only possible way: keep the ball as much as possible, use Dumfries and Dimarco to widen the front, and have Barella and Mkhitaryan (if available) enter the gaps hopefully opened by Dzeko and Lautaro movements. That's the only way I can see. Still, we ain't gonna make it. But perhaps we might be able to engage City better than what Real did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.