Interest In The Derby Abroad

Oh Gowd! Here we go again. It's not going to degenerate into......

He's not getting a ticket. Don't worry. :-?

Put it this way.

My mate(season ticket holder) works for a marketing company. A ticket agency rang him at work today and offered him 6 derby tickets for..........wait for it. £6000. Tickets are still available and certainly arent going to genuine City fans.

i live in Australia and can guarantee there is absolutely enormous interest in this game. game starts at 4.00 am over here and there will probably be more tv viewers then there was for the anzac day afl game on wednesday.

ps, city to win 3-0

Mondays United match is also creating quite a stir in Southern England regarding tickets.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Fbehbehani said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Personally, I reckon it shows some brass neck to try to get someone to get you a ticket to one huge match on the other side of the world at the expense of genuine blues who are also struggling for the same tickets.

Anyone who isn't a genuine match going blue asking me to look out for a ticket for them for Monday would get told where to go. Regardless of where they come from. Cheeky twats.

Just because they live in a different country, it doesn't make them not genuine blues...

It does make them cheeky bastards for trying to turn up for the biggest game in decades though and then fucking off again, whilst blues who have been getting to many shite matches semi regularly miss out on that ticket. As I said, cheeky twats, imo. I know plenty of blues without season tickets who have been to more matches than they can count over the last 3 decades. They have no chance of getting a ticket. So if someone thinks they can just turn up for a huge match as a one off then that does not sit well with me.

I would have thought that most blues who go to that many games would have had little trouble getting one. Unless they've been using other people's tickets in the past?

My mate has probably been to something around 25 City games in total and managed to get one on his blue membership card.

ESPN has been playing a commercial for the game all week here, I've never seen City advertised on TV over here EVER. It's huge.

There was a 1 hour special last night here (Canada) with guests Paul Walsh and Clayton Blackmore in the studio.

Paul Walsh surprised me. He said he didn't like or agree with/support city's progress...what with us having bought it...no mention of utd doing the same.

I used to like Paul Walsh.

Sounded like a bitter spurs/liverpool fan last night...and was supposed to be representing city.

In spite of having a season ticket for many years (including this year!) I ended up moving to Hong Kong in November. Needless to say the interest here is huge and despite the game starting at 3am, our local sports club is opening especially for the coverage.

It will be probably be me on my own Vs 100 odd Hong Kong or home counties ex pat rags - wish me luck.

I'll be landing back in Manchester 3 hrs before kick off Vs QPR on the last day of the season - please let that game clinch us the title, the last 6 months away has been killing me!

Kenney_The_Blue said:
I lived in Norway for 3 months, they are absolutely mental about the premier league over there.

As a Norwegian I can confirm this. The amount of rag fans is obnoxious. However, City has one of the fastest growing supporter clubs in Norway :) Now I live in Copenhagen and haven't got the faintest clue, but I'm guessing pubs are gonna be crammed, come Monday night. Personally, I'll be watching the game at home on my own, probably on the toilet cos I'll be shitting myself from the nervousness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.