Interest In The Derby Abroad

evenheaded said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
I lived in Norway for 3 months, they are absolutely mental about the premier league over there.

As a Norwegian I can confirm this. The amount of rag fans is obnoxious. However, City has one of the fastest growing supporter clubs in Norway :) Now I live in Copenhagen and haven't got the faintest clue, but I'm guessing pubs are gonna be crammed, come Monday night. Personally, I'll be watching the game at home on my own, probably on the toilet cos I'll be shitting myself from the nervousness.

glory hunters basically, no offence but why didnt these new fans support us when we were shit ;)

bluebannana said:
evenheaded said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
I lived in Norway for 3 months, they are absolutely mental about the premier league over there.

As a Norwegian I can confirm this. The amount of rag fans is obnoxious. However, City has one of the fastest growing supporter clubs in Norway :) Now I live in Copenhagen and haven't got the faintest clue, but I'm guessing pubs are gonna be crammed, come Monday night. Personally, I'll be watching the game at home on my own, probably on the toilet cos I'll be shitting myself from the nervousness.

glory hunters basically, no offence but why didnt these new fans support us when we were shit ;)

Where does he say that he has only supported us recently? Where does he state he is a 'new' fan, as you say?

I met a Norwegian City fan in Turin last year. Kept in touch ever since and met up with a him few times at City games since. I know for a fact he's been supporting us well before the dark days.

Impeccable said:
bluebannana said:
evenheaded said:

Where does he say that he has only supported us recently? Where does he state he is a 'new' fan, as you say?

I met a Norwegian City fan in Turin last year. Kept in touch ever since and met up with a him few times at City games since. I know for a fact he's been supporting us well before the dark days.

I am quite a 'new' fan. Started supporting city under Stuart Pearce. Can't say I didn't think "what the hell am I supporting this team for" when we kept losing game after game.

But there was never any doubt that I loved City and HATED Utd. I've always loved the realism/pessimism and the gallows humour of the city fans. I can't think of a club with funnier fans, being able to not only take the piss out of themselves but also the other teams' fans in the funniest ways, I think.

And then the whole money-thing happened and now City are one of the best clubs in the premier league and everything is blowing my mind. It's such a rush being a city supporter, but I've kept the realism/pessimism, I never take a victory for granted and that also goes without saying for this Monday.

I also studied three years in Manchester which brought me even closer to the club. Even more so when every football fan I met in Uni was a rag fan. They really ARE like rats, they're everywhere. Went to quite a few games (cheap prices through the student union) and even one of the derbys at Old Trafford (thanks to the Norwegian supporter's club) where we lost 2-1. Still had an awesome time standing among a few thousand City supporters slagging off the rags in the theatre of shit. Can't wait to go back to Manchester again for other games, such a good atmosphere at Eastlands! I would've moonwalked all the way to Manchester if I could've gotten a ticket for Monday! Come on City!

evenheaded said:
Impeccable said:
bluebannana said:

I am quite a 'new' fan. Started supporting city under Stuart Pearce. Can't say I didn't think "what the hell am I supporting this team for" when we kept losing game after game.

But there was never any doubt that I loved City and HATED Utd. I've always loved the realism/pessimism and the gallows humour of the city fans. I can't think of a club with funnier fans, being able to not only take the piss out of themselves but also the other teams' fans in the funniest ways, I think.

And then the whole money-thing happened and now City are one of the best clubs in the premier league and everything is blowing my mind. It's such a rush being a city supporter, but I've kept the realism/pessimism, I never take a victory for granted and that also goes without saying for this Monday.

I also studied three years in Manchester which brought me even closer to the club. Even more so when every football fan I met in Uni was a rag fan. They really ARE like rats, they're everywhere. Went to quite a few games (cheap prices through the student union) and even one of the derbys at Old Trafford (thanks to the Norwegian supporter's club) where we lost 2-1. Still had an awesome time standing among a few thousand City supporters slagging off the rags in the theatre of shit. Can't wait to go back to Manchester again for other games, such a good atmosphere at Eastlands! I would've moonwalked all the way to Manchester if I could've gotten a ticket for Monday! Come on City!

You didn't need to state your reasons for your support. Although you admit to being a relatively new supporter, I couldn't understand how the poster could assume this was the case from what you said.

Like I say, I know a Norwegian Blue who has been supporting us well before the dark days. It could easily have been him posting your original comments. That is all.

nickchilcott said:
In spite of having a season ticket for many years (including this year!) I ended up moving to Hong Kong in November. Needless to say the interest here is huge and despite the game starting at 3am, our local sports club is opening especially for the coverage.

It will be probably be me on my own Vs 100 odd Hong Kong or home counties ex pat rags - wish me luck.

I'll be landing back in Manchester 3 hrs before kick off Vs QPR on the last day of the season - please let that game clinch us the title, the last 6 months away has been killing me!

Go and watch it at the White Stag on Lockhart Road (opposite Carnegies)...

It is the HK City pub and will be full of Blues.

I watched the 6-1 there... brilliant atmosphere.

Impeccable said:
evenheaded said:
Impeccable said:

You didn't need to state your reasons for your support. Although you admit to being a relatively new supporter, I couldn't understand how the poster could assume this was the case from what you said.

Like I say, I know a Norwegian Blue who has been supporting us well before the dark days. It could easily have been him posting your original comments. That is all.

Haha, don't know why I started rambling on about why I am supporter really! Guess it's due to a lack of having fellow City-fans to share stories/news/whatnot with. But yeah, I'm not a glory hunter, because I knew City weren't a big team when I started following them. But they were a genuine team. Everything that has come after was just a massive bonus :)

Anyways, my point was that the premier league is a MASSIVE thing in Norway (as you're also aware of thanks to your Norwegian Blue) and City are gaining a massive following in Norway as well. They're even showing the derby on a free TV channel so that pretty much everyone can watch it, that's how big this game is...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.