Interesting silly City facts.

It is said that in 1894 City adopted the Masonic colour of sky blue to recognise the Masons‘ rescue of the club (i.e. Ardwick) from financial difficulties.
(I feel a visit from @Gary James coming on.)
Aargh…. I need a lie down. In the old Peter Sellers Pink Panther films his boss (played by Herbert Lom) started to twitch and his symptoms got worse as the films went on, eventually going crazy. I feel like that with this story. I already have restless legs and sleep apnoea don’t make me any worse.

For simplicity‘s sake…. The club had already worn blue and white frequently before MCFC created which is one of many aspects of the Masonic story that doesn’t add up. I’ve searched the Masonic archives and dug deep to find the facts but a Masonic Quarterly article is taken as gospel by those who promote this story yet it doesn’t actually contain any contemporary evidence. There were Masonic influences in the club from the beginning which I’ve written about often, but the colour blue & white selection is not something they were responsible for.

I talk about it all in this video:

Right, now on to the tallest floodlight myth…..

Last edited:
The old first division of the two Manchester clubs Manchester City was the last to win it in 1968.
I remember an interview with Swales in 1992 when he said ‘City we’re the last Manchester club to win the Football League and we’ll be the next one too!’ Sadly he was right - 2002 we won the Football League again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.