Interesting stat on Dzeko I thought you should all see.

A good one MCFC BOB. I'd like to add that for Dzeko is very important to bring his fitness to the top level. When he's not top fit, he's really not the same player. I've noticed that during his time in Germany. For example, in 08/09 he had an average first half of the season cause he was injured during that summer. Once he reached his level, he started bangin' them in for fun. He scored 21 goals in 17 matches.

In the next year another coach came who was obviously not an expert in terms of physical preparation of players. Despite of that, he had a good season scoring 22 goals. But he was nowhere that good like in that season before. He was at his best when he played under Magath, who is known for his hardcore fitness trainings.

Due to all these facts i was more than confident that he will find his way in England. He has a strong will and now he just needs a bit more time to improve his physical skills. I expect him to be at his best next spring but i's sure that he will score some goals in following matches.

However, he needs a full supprt from his closest teammates to show what he is capable of. You've all seen that he's not there only to score goals, but to help others to score one too. He is one of those players who possess incredible football intelligence and has skills to implement it. You've seen his first touch passess, his assissts, you've seen what kind of crosses he can make etc. He's a great player and he just needs some time and a coach who will have full confidence in him.

kp789 said:
bringer678 said:
kp789 said:
Thats a good record, what is impressive is Chelseas new signing Lukaku, his record for youth teams is unreal.

we were rumoured to be after him, I would rather have him than balo.
From Wikipedia: "He played for Lierse from 2004 until 2006,[3] scoring 121 goals in 68 games.[4] After Lierse were relegated from the Belgian Pro League, Anderlecht bought no less than 13 youth players from Lierse in the 2006 mid-season, one of which was Lukaku. He played three more years as a youth player with Anderlecht, scoring 131 goals in 93 games."

Bojan scored over 900 goals in 5 years for the youth.

_dreamer_ said:
A good one MCFC BOB. I'd like to add that for Dzeko is very important to bring his fitness to the top level. When he's not top fit, he's really not the same player. I've noticed that during his time in Germany. For example, in 08/09 he had an average first half of the season cause he was injured during that summer. Once he reached his level, he started bangin' them in for fun. He scored 21 goals in 17 matches.

In the next year another coach came who was obviously not an expert in terms of physical preparation of players. Despite of that, he had a good season scoring 22 goals. But he was nowhere that good like in that season before. He was at his best when he played under Magath, who is known for his hardcore fitness trainings.

Due to all these facts i was more than confident that he will find his way in England. He has a strong will and now he just needs a bit more time to improve his physical skills. I expect him to be at his best next spring but i's sure that he will score some goals in following matches.

However, he needs a full supprt from his closest teammates to show what he is capable of. You've all seen that he's not there only to score goals, but to help others to score one too. He is one of those players who possess incredible football intelligence and has skills to implement it. You've seen his first touch passess, his assissts, you've seen what kind of crosses he can make etc. He's a great player and he just needs some time and a coach who will have full confidence in him.

I will echo that.

blueprint said:
_dreamer_ said:

I will echo that.

He needs a coach who will have confidence in him and show him that trust...Dzeko flourished once Blazevic came as the bosnian national team coach...what he said was basicaly that Dzeko is beter than Ibrahimovic and told him to focus on his fitness and headers...Dzeko was not such a good header of the ball...you can still see that sometimes he ducks under the ball...however it was much worse...and is getting better by day...

in that "what's gonna happen to Balotelli" thread someone said, that even Tevez will struggle to get in if dzeko keeps going like this...I hope it stays like this because the team looks a lot better....and if Tevez is on the field leave dzeko on the bench as they are not compatible, or simply tevez doesn't want to pass to him (anyway it's an old discussion)...

with nasri comming in I would so much want to see something like this in most of the matches

----------NDJ---------
----Nasri-------Yaya---
----------Silva-------
---Aguero----Dzeko----

because as that MOTD review against bolton said Little and Large works perfectly so why disrupt the flow....Just add more creativity with Nasri and I'm sure not only will Dzeko get 25+ Aguero will get 25+ and silva and the other strikers will surelly pich a few in

(I think that Tevez will be bound for inter now that eto has gone, so i think this will be the attacking force we will see most of the time this season) kinda feel sorry for the rest of the league but still hope you bottle it against us at goodison at least :)

kp789 said:
bringer678 said:
kp789 said:
Thats a good record, what is impressive is Chelseas new signing Lukaku, his record for youth teams is unreal.

From Wikipedia: "He played for Lierse from 2004 until 2006,[3] scoring 121 goals in 68 games.[4] After Lierse were relegated from the Belgian Pro League, Anderlecht bought no less than 13 youth players from Lierse in the 2006 mid-season, one of which was Lukaku. He played three more years as a youth player with Anderlecht, scoring 131 goals in 93 games."

Bojan Krkić Pérez was born to a Serbian father (Bojan Krkić Sr.) who was a professional footballer for the Serbian side Red Star Belgrade and a Catalan mother (Maria Lluïsa Pérez).[2] He played for Barcelona's youth teams from 1999 to 2006.[3] A quick striker with quite notable dribbling skills, it was reported that he scored more than 900 goals for the youth teams in five and a half years.

And look what became of him .. .;)

Peteri said:
kp789 said:
bringer678 said:

Bojan Krkić Pérez was born to a Serbian father (Bojan Krkić Sr.) who was a professional footballer for the Serbian side Red Star Belgrade and a Catalan mother (Maria Lluïsa Pérez).[2] He played for Barcelona's youth teams from 1999 to 2006.[3] A quick striker with quite notable dribbling skills, it was reported that he scored more than 900 goals for the youth teams in five and a half years.

And look what became of him .. .;)
Remember seeing that Bojan stat, shame Villa replaced him, love Bojan

Really glad Dzeko has started in such good form this season. I think a lot of the negative comments last season were not justified and that he will go from strength to strength.

Also seems to be a very likeable person and model professional.

Here is another Dzeko fact apparently

He has scored more goals for city than Suarez, Torres and Caroll combined since they all signed for their new clubs

r.soleofsalford said:
MCFC BOB said:
In his career, Edin Dzeko has played for 5 clubs, scoring 121 goals in 260 career apps.

After impressing for Bosnian side Zeljeznicar, Czech side Teplice signed Edin Dzeko in 2005. In his first season at his new club, Edin only scored 3 goals, despite making 13 apps. and being named Bundesliga's best striker for the opening few months of the season. In his second season however, Edin scored 13 goals in 30 games.

His second season performance impressed German side Wolfsburg. And in 2007, they signed him. Once again, Edin failed to have a good goal/game average, scoring just 9 goals in 33 games. However, after having a summer under his belt, Edin went onto become one of the most prolific strikers in Europe after spending a few months at his new club. Dzeko scored 36 goals in 42 games during the 08-09 Bundesliga season, and scored 29 goals in 45 games in the 09-10 Bundesliga season.

During the first half of the 10-11 Bundesliga season, Edin scored 11 goals in 18 games and looked to be heading to his best scoring record for Wolfsburg.

But Manchester City signed him for £28m in January 2011. In his first season, Edin only managed to score 6 goals in 21 games. A lot of City fans - myself included - got on his back. But after a summer break, Edin was reborn. He's scored 3 goals in 3 games since August 7th, and looks to be heading to the top of the scoring charts in the Premier League.

The stat shows that Edin only starts to get going in his second season at a new club. Maybe this will be Edin's year?

so you didnt rate dzeko , just so we know who else dont you rate in the city squad
It's not that I don't rate him, but Adam Johnson doesn't play well enough from the start to warrant a place in the first 11 permanently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.