International Matches | 15th - 20th June 2023 | Tue 20th - Scotland, Portugal & Norway in action

As usual with Norway, Haaland making good runs that are ignored.

Just created an attacking opportunity with good hold up play and a lay off, only for the midfielder who received it taking two touches and then passing backward, instead of feeding a sprinting Haaland in the centre channel, with a space available for a throughball.

I feel for Haaland — I can’t see him winning international silverware with this current Norway team. They just can’t get the ball to him. And despite him occupying two or three defenders at any given time, his teammates can’t score themselves. I think they’ve been shut out their last 4 home matches, with Haaland not playing much in that span due to niggles/injuries, and the game before that streak started was a 2-1 win against Sweden, with Haaland scoring both goals.

They need another good creative midfielder alongside Odegaard, and a top class winger to put in good low and high crosses.

But I don’t see either coming up through their youth levels right now.

He may end up being one of the greatest players of all time to fail to win either the World Cup or their continent’s top tournament.

I feel for Haaland — I can’t see him winning international silverware with this current Norway team. They just can’t get the ball to him. And despite him occupying two or three defenders at any given time, his teammates can’t score themselves. I think they’ve been shut out their last 4 home matches, with Haaland not playing much in that span due to niggles/injuries, and the game before that streak started was a 2-1 win against Sweden, with Haaland scoring both goals.

They need another good creative midfielder alongside Odegaard, and a top class winger to put in good low and high crosses.

He may end up being one of the greatest players of all time to fail to win either the World Cup or their continent’s top tournament.
To think, he could have played for England…

Is more the manager, this our best national team since 1998-

Aursnes is a great player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.