International Matches | 15th - 20th June 2023 | Tue 20th - Scotland, Portugal & Norway in action

And scores.

Perfect penalty — our very own Angus Gunn guessed the right way but it grazed off the left post and in. Nothing the Gunn, a lanky lad at that, could do.
The commentators complaining that he went down easily, while conceding that there was enough contact for it not to be overturned by VAR. They did also acknowledge that he should have had a penalty a few minutes earlier.

The commentators complaining that he went down easily, while conceding that there was enough contact for it not to be overturned by VAR. They did also acknowledge that he should have had a penalty a few minutes earlier.
I think it was a penalty, especially in the context of him being grappled down twice before, one of which was when he got in front of his defender with 40 yards of clear daylight between him and the keeper, a bouncing lob pass putting the ball 10 yards in front of him, and was hauled down and should have been a red card (rather than the yellow given), and the other a penalty (as the commentators said, it wasn’t given largely because Haaland tried to stay on his feet).

Not to mention that he is manhandled every single game now, often in the box, and nothing is usually given. It’s become the main tactic for teams to try to keep him quiet, a lot of it being fouls anywhere else on the pitch.

Inter did it all match in the final. I posted a clip of Foden’s brilliant turn and shot in the match, and a compilation of Stones going full Beckenbauer through the game, and in both you can see Inter defenders with their arms wrapped around Erling, stopping him from getting separation from them, despite having a foot or two ahead of them.

The referees almost never punish it, though.

I actually think City should put a compilation of that treatment together (only the ones that should be clear fouls) and send it to PGMOL and the PL with the notice they’ll be putting out similar videos on City+ and YouTube highlighting how referees allow players to constantly foul Haaland.

Norway is a one man team.

I keep forgetting Odegaard is even playing—commentators have barely mentioned him aside from saying he got kicked in the head 10 minutes ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.