Rico
Rice
Bellingham
Foden
Jack
Kane
Saka

I wonder what Pep would do with that.

Huge problem is that Southgate always plays Maguire.

John Stones is England's best CB, not seen him play?

If Pep was in charge;

Pickford/Trafford

Walker
Stones
?
Lewis

Rice
Foden
Bellingham

Grealish
?/Sterling?
Kane

Henry Winter thinks Southgate should continue trying TAA in that midfield role because he's "England's best passer of the ball" I suppose his lack of awareness, his lack of movement, fight and workrate and being dire defensively really aren't all that important then. Fuck it, looks like Klopp and Southgate may have unearthed the next Pirlo. How did no one else see it.

I didn't even watch the highlights but I'm assuming it was another bore-fest? Southgate's usual tactics of midfield passing back to keeper, and if he's feeling particular brave- a sideways pass now and again.

I now realise we are not spoiled by watching Pep's silky smooth football, Southgate is just an extremely poor manager with a dull, insipid and unadventurous approach to the sport.

Might had got the first pen in 31 years the previous season we suffered from the worse ever offside decision
Once again VAR officials ballsed up by not saying Rashford was interfering. The ref spoke to his assistant but didn't even go to the monitor.
We should have had a penalty in the sick swan and when Jesus was clattered in the 2-0 win a couple of seasons ago. And probably others. - As I said, it's the implementation of VAR that is wrong not the idea. Though I do agree it denies the spontaneity when celebrating a goal.

Southgate finally showed a bit of ingenuity last night with his tactics, but typically he didn't have the right personnel. Walker and Rico were both inverted at times, when Walker should always be a covering defender as he's not good enough on the ball to slot in. TAA showed again why he can't play in midfield. It was always backwards whenever he received it. In the end, with Rice there as well, we had too many in the middle and Foden was completely devoid of space to make things happen.

TAA has showed over these two games that there's no way he can play in the middle. Rice continues to pass backwards too often, when he's so good at carrying the ball and playing forwards it's a bit disappointing. We just needed another creative player in there last night and would have won comfortably, but typically Southgate didn't figure that out for fear of losing.

Rico was excellent. That was never a pen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.