International Matches | 15th - 22nd November 2023

I see the mighty Armenia upset the Welsh applecart. England struggling against poor international sides and the other home nations looking crap too.
Wales have been beaten at home by Armenia and drawn away. I don't think they deserve to qualify, and if they don't will save them further embarrassment of spankings off proper teams.

Wales have been beaten at home by Armenia and drawn away. I don't think they deserve to qualify, and if they don't will save them further embarrassment of spankings off proper teams.
I only want them to qualify because it will make peoffrey happy and he will post us pics of far off exotic places and plates of chips.

Proof that Southgate is clueless....

After England drew 1-1 against the USA at the 2010 World Cup in their opening game, he was in the presenters box on ITV and had this to say at full time....

"In 1990 we drew our first game against Egypt and went onto the semi finals".

Wrong, it was a 1-1 draw against Ireland that was the opening game and Egypt was the only match that saw England win in 90 minutes.

I think that they will win their play off berth looking at who they could get.

I see the mighty Armenia upset the Welsh applecart. England struggling against poor international sides and the other home nations looking crap too.
Think that Wales shot themselves in the foot, with keeping Rob Page in the job, after the very disappointing World Cup campaign.
Rob Page seems a very decent bloke. However he has managed Port Vale and Northampton Town.
Wales, mainly due to Gareth Bale & Rambo, have been highly ranked since 2016.
Surely, with the well attended gates and increased sponsorship, the Welsh FA could have afforded to appoint a higher profile manager than fecking Bryan Riggs ? He also snubbed Wales on many, many occasions.
When the aggressive twat was put on gardening leave, they should have looked for a bigger name than Rob Page.
Even if Wales beat Turkey on Tuesday, cannot see Croatia slipping up.
Oh, Armenia should have won tonight.
Ah well, roll on the play-offs...

Proof that Southgate is clueless....

After England drew 1-1 against the USA at the 2010 World Cup in their opening game, he was in the presenters box on ITV and had this to say at full time....

"In 1990 we drew our first game against Egypt and went onto the semi finals".

Wrong, it was a 1-1 draw against Ireland that was the opening game and Egypt was the only match that saw England win in 90 minutes.
That is quite the memory you have there!

The French certainly didn't mess about tonight. They clearly got some inspiration from their rugby team to get 14 goals. That's 2 tries and 2 conversions equivalent.

OK it was Gibraltar. But it's still very scary because they look serious about winning the euros next summer and I think they probably will.

Meanwhile we go back to our boring Monday night game against North Macedonia. Hopefully Southgate can learn from Frances result to just keep scoring even if we are playing rubbish teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.