International Matches | 1st - 15th June '22 | 19:45 Germany v Italy, Netherlands v Wales

I'm old enough to remember when Scotland used to qualify for tournaments while England didn't. I have no idea how you've slipped so far away.
Sadly we don’t have the pool of players that are good enough. Scottish football does not have the finance from TV deals to compete with other leagues.
It also doesn’t help when your manager selects the totally wrong formation and system and the players selected play utter shite.
We were totally embarrassed tonight. Just have to take it and hopefully move on. Just another shit performance to add to the lengthy list……
Onwards and upwards.

Didn't watch any of it but its no surprise to see Ukraine win and no surprise to hear zinchenko bossed it. Scotland are shit and he's up against a kid that couldn't get into Norwich's side and a bog standard middle of the pack player in McGinn. I'd expect zinchenko to dominate and pleased to hear he did. They should beat Wales this weekend too they're the best side on paper.

Oh and a week where you lose the champions league final and lose a place at the world cup a week after missing out on the league title is everything that snide twat Robertson deserves.

That was a bad miss for Scotland at 2-0.They still look way behind from competing

Sadly we don’t have the pool of players that are good enough. Scottish football does not have the finance from TV deals to compete with other leagues.
It also doesn’t help when your manager selects the totally wrong formation and system and the players selected play utter shite.
We were totally embarrassed tonight. Just have to take it and hopefully move on. Just another shit performance to add to the lengthy list……
Onwards and upwards.

It's hard to see how it improves. England realised a while back that getting stuck in, passion etcetera only gets you so far. You have to work on improving technique and tactics. Also most tournaments are played in baking heat so learning to keep the ball is vital.

Didn't watch any of it but its no surprise to see Ukraine win and no surprise to hear zinchenko bossed it. Scotland are shit and he's up against a kid that couldn't get into Norwich's side and a bog standard middle of the pack player in McGinn. I'd expect zinchenko to dominate and pleased to hear he did. They should beat Wales this weekend too they're the best side on paper.

Oh and a week where you lose the champions league final and lose a place at the world cup a week after missing out on the league title is everything that snide twat Robertson deserves.
Zin and the snidey twat embraced at the end, hope Zin said "nice end to your season".
That Scotland team would struggle to stay in the championship....actually I don't think they would stay up.

What a disrespectful post. You have really gone down in my estimation.
Anything else that you didn’t watch that you want to comment on??

Onwards and upwards.
Scotland have never had the finance of the English League but that never stopped you being good in the past nor does it stop many national sides being good now. You need to work on your youth setup and modernise it, work on the skills, the passing, the first touch. As long as you have the passion and enthusiasm (and you have that in bucketfuls) it is just a question of the right training and development. You can do it, with time.

Scotland have never had the finance of the English League but that never stopped you being good in the past nor does it stop many national sides being good now. You need to work on your youth setup and modernise it, work on the skills, the passing, the first touch. As long as you have the passion and enthusiasm (and you have that in bucketfuls) it is just a question of the right training and development. You can do it, with time.
Scotland actually have just played in the UEFA U17 finals in Israel - England failed to qualify - and we lost our 3 group matches. Watched them all on BBC/UEFA channels and the gulf in class was very apparent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.