Interview with Daniel Taylor from The Guardian

Ric

Administrator
I interviewed Daniel Taylor, The Guardian's chief football writer, recently on issues such as the title race, FFP, , Twitter and the "agenda":

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=728" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=728</a>

I don't mind DT,of the pack,he seems amongst the more intelligent,well balanced and honest.

Good interview Ric.

Decent stuff from Taylor, whether you agree with it or not. I'll summarise.

We can't win the league because of injuries to strikers and a shaky defence.

FFP is a disgrace and he agrees with 'us'.

Every 'big'; club believes that there is an agenda against them. We suffer from both paranoia and historical press snobbery from when us and that lot were worlds apart.

That lot are a bigger story [for now - my edit].

The press loved Mancini.

Twitter is tragicomedy.

Agueroooooo was his best sporting moment.

Not as many Rags in the press as you might think and he's a Forest fan [ 'banned by that little pipsqueak Billy Davies from my own club's pressbox! ']. Also banned for 7 years by Fergie.

MCFC are the most pro-active with the press.

Add 10m on to Mangala and Tevez fees.

The club lied about Lampard and signing Bony.

The club were delighted with the CFA coverage.

He's promised to be back in the away end when Forest next come to the Etihad.

Overall, I remember DT starting at the Times as it was about the same time as a fellow blue mate who knows him reasonably well. He's mellowed with age and knows is stuff. In the end, he's a footy fan turned journo. He knows the press relationship with the club better than we do. Whether you wish to agree with him or not is entirely your privlege to decide. That's how it is to have a free press. C'est la vie.

Interesting article and, if you believe him, dispels a lot of the myths about certain members of the media and also our relationship with them. For me it reflects a lot of my views which I have aired and been criticised for numerous times.

Interesting that City are so pro-active whenever negative articles or perceived negative articles are printed. Complete contrast to the perception of many on here.

Nice to see Blue Moon 'in bed' with the devil. Hopefully hospitality was not provided during the interview as I know that is an issue for some moderators on here.

franksinatra said:
Interesting article and, if you believe him, dispels a lot of the myths about certain members of the media and also our relationship with them. For me it reflects a lot of my views which I have aired and been criticised for numerous times.

Interesting that City are so pro-active whenever negative articles or perceived negative articles are printed. Complete contrast to the perception of many on here.

Nice to see Blue Moon 'in bed' with the devil. Hopefully hospitality was not provided during the interview as I know that is an issue for some moderators on here.

Hopefully those idiots who claim that Vickie Kloss is "not up to the job",have the balls to apologise.I fear not though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.