Interview with Daniel Taylor from The Guardian

Should of asked him abt that article he wrote abt city fans and Munich chanting a few years back
He's lower than a crocodiles belly.

The cookie monster said:
Should of asked him abt that article he wrote abt city fans and Munich chanting a few years back
He's lower than a crocodiles belly.

What? City fans chanting about Munich? i've never heard that in 38 years watching us home and away.

Big Agenda Snakes Cockroach Rag Biased Mother.

How are we staying within the £49m transfer limit if Mangala cost £42m? When you add in Bony's fee we're way over it in net spend.

Rolee said:
How are we staying within the £49m transfer limit if Mangala cost £42m? When you add in Bony's fee we're way over it in net spend.
We are allowed to include the £25k for Negredo. Confirmed by UEFA

Ric said:
I interviewed Daniel Taylor, The Guardian's chief football writer, recently on issues such as the title race, FFP, , Twitter and the "agenda":

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=728" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?id=728</a>

Ric is one if not the most decent fella's you could meet before i read this should i have hoped we had Paxman for the agenda q's ?
I mean unless you threatened his family there are few things you can do to make Ric give you both barrels. :-D

Gonna roll a fat one for this, should i prepare myself for rage etc ???

Before i do read it i have to doff my cap to Mr Taylor for doing this, can you imagine that imbecile Barclay doing this, exactly!
So yeah fair play Daniel you deserve kudos for that mate.

FantasyIreland said:
I don't mind DT,of the pack,he seems amongst the more intelligent,well balanced and honest.

Good interview Ric.
As one of the Bluemooners who's met him, I can confirm the above. A decent, down-to-earth guy who has developed into a fine football writer.

Re the Munich article, I had a beef with him over that and when we finally met he told me the story behind it. It was Paul Tyrrell who asked him to write it and while I agreed fully with the principle, it was a typically heavy-handed approach by Tyrrell.

Excellent read that was Ric.

Fair play to Daniel and i tend to agree with him. As neither anti or pro agenda i tend to agree with his points tbh.
I feel he doesn't acknowledge the "mood" of some reporters towards us but these are generally the London mob and he focuses on the Manchester bunch.
I wonder if Jamie Jackson gets invited round for a bbq at Daniel's house? :-D

An interesting read with actual substance, not airy bollocks. You have to respect that no matter your views on him.

However you failed to ask the most pertinent question Ric now i could be reading the words of a fully signed up member of the muffin brigade and never know !!!

I've said this before and i'll stand by it until i'm blue in the face;

Newspapers are in the industry of selling units and getting clicks, they produce sports material that is at the same time; informative (to whatever degree you consider), provocative, interesting and populist.

we are still in a situation where a large make up of UK fans are United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. The Premier League era big boys. That's their market and 10 back pages of how good City are and how good they will be will not shift aforementioned units and neither will it attract this huge base of readership to their websites (and thus advertisers).

For now it remains inflammatory but i would love to see in 10 or 15 years time - when the current crop of 5 to 8 year olds who have emerged as footy fans and have a City side that wins titles to pick from - have disposable incomes, how the news coverage changes then.

The only 'agenda' i see is age-old newspaper bias to sell units and advertising to satisfy the largest consumer base. They have zero interest in squashing City out of existence as they are a massive market in the making.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.