Interview with Daniel Taylor from The Guardian

oakiecokie said:
franksinatra said:
Interesting article and, if you believe him, dispels a lot of the myths about certain members of the media and also our relationship with them. For me it reflects a lot of my views which I have aired and been criticised for numerous times.

Interesting that City are so pro-active whenever negative articles or perceived negative articles are printed. Complete contrast to the perception of many on here.

Nice to see Blue Moon 'in bed' with the devil. Hopefully hospitality was not provided during the interview as I know that is an issue for some moderators on here.

Hopefully those idiots who claim that Vickie Kloss is "not up to the job",have the balls to apologise.I fear not though.

I think you could be right.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
He thinks its funny to disrespect people's mothers, he's very USA influenced I'm afraid Oakie.
Bullshit.

I know for a fact that in 'real life' you call it BS
What my 'real life' persona does or does not do or say has no bearing on this discussion, you douchebag.

The media want to sell a story and as it mentions – it’s that a lot of the public see City as undeserving of our money and therefore prefer the negative than the positive stories. I would disagree with his statements on the rags etc being treated the same. Yes a Rooney story would sell and get more coverage than the equivalent at City… but the press would also be quicker to spin any outcome into a positive. Moyes was clearly not out of his depth… Van Gaal has done no better despite spending a fortune. He’s just benefitted from Arsenal and Liverpool doing even worse so far. Should they step up their results the rags may finish no higher than last season despite spending huge sums. Yes Van Gaal will attract those players, but as a manager he’s done next to nothing and failed to buy any decent defenders… where’s the media’s honesty there?

Anyway, we know the situation with the press. It’s not an agenda. It’s what we would expect it to be really. Arsenal receive a lot of criticism in the press. They should sack Wenger…they should be happy with Wenger…they should moan…they shouldn’t moan…the invincible season wasn’t that good – they drew so many games… etc. I’m sure they don’t care much anymore.

Interesting about Mangala and Tevez… no surprise they have tried to keep that quiet. And probably explains why the media have been so harsh on Mangala - £42m is absurd but makes sense when you see what Luiz went for and the comparative ages. He has a lot to prove, but I’m sure he will given time.

Lying about Bony and Lampard seems odd. Clearly we’ve let the brand down in New York. I don’t understand why they did what they did. Perhaps it was always our intention to keep Lampard for the whole season but it’s weird how it was revealed.

Bullshit.

I know for a fact that in 'real life' you call it BS
What my 'real life' persona does or does not do or say has no bearing on this discussion, you douchebag.

To think you only started this so you could say how you liked fannies, when in male only company and not have people worry about you in anyway.

A good read and some fair points by Daniel.

I find him, alongside Henry Winter and Martin Samuel to treat us fair, dishing out praise and criticism where its warranted.

Really interesting read that.

"If I wrote a column criticising the club, they would be on first thing in the morning. In fact, they are probably the only club I know who take that stance, without fail, every time."

As has already been said, this does make clear our media dept are more proactive than some have thought in the past.

It also confirms Mark Ogden for what he is.

Great read Ric.

He comes across as a proper fan and I for one have warmed to him more after that.....which was obviously the reason why he did it, the backstabbing, hood winking swine. I'm on to you pal. !!!! Off back to the agenda thread to report !!!!

Should be required reading for the muppets in the Agenda thread.

I know for a fact he reads it for a laugh quite regularly, by the way, and it comes clearly across in his interview.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.