Interview with Hillsborough Victims Mother

DontLookBackInAnger said:
PistonBlue said:
There were a lot of mistakes made that day by the police, but they are not the only ones at fault. The Liverpool fans who thought they could turn up without a ticket and just barge their way in must take some repsonsibility for Hillsborough too.

Your right, although I'm guessing that pretty much all the people that died had tickets and where doing nothing but wanting to watch their team play, it was the ones at the back pushing that PERHAPS should take some blame. However the Police code of conduct reads as follows:

"To uphold the Queen's peace without favour or affection, malice or ill will, and to enforce the law fairly and firmly, to prevent crime, to pursue and bring to justice those who break the law, to keep the Queen's peace, to protect, help and reassure the community and to be seen to do all this with integrity, common sense and sound judgment."

Is there any of that that the SYP actually achieved that day, in fact I would go further, THEY HAD A DUTY of protection an FAILED and its simply not good enough for them to claim that Liverpool fans caused it.

Yes the police failed, badly. I believe I alluded to this in my first post. Those that died were the innocent ones, BUT the Liverpool fans without tickets CREATED THE SITUATION. They thought they could turn up and do whatever the hell they wanted to. The blood is most certainly on their hands as much as any Police Chief's.

PistonBlue said:
Yes the police failed, badly. I believe I alluded to this in my first post. Those that died were the innocent ones, BUT the Liverpool fans without tickets CREATED THE SITUATION. They thought they could turn up and do whatever the hell they wanted to. The blood is most certainly on their hands as much as any Police Chief's.

FFS WILL THOSE WANKERS POSTING THIS SHITE READ THE TAYLOR REPORT!!!!!!!!!

It makes it quite clear that there were fans without tickets but they were not a significant factor in what happened.

PistonBlue said:
There were a lot of mistakes made that day by the police, but they are not the only ones at fault. The Liverpool fans who thought they could turn up without a ticket and just barge their way in must take some repsonsibility for Hillsborough too.

Not wanting to have a go at you but this is part of the problem and the reason why the Government(s) have got away with a whitewash. During the disaster, this is what the police (David Duckensfield - who was in charge that day) told the press and Graham Kelly of the FA. Drunken ticketless fans forcing Gate C open. One of the first questions that they asked the families when they came to identify the bodies was "How much had they had to drink". The fact is, that because so many coaches were delayed, the alcohol intake was actually less than on a normal match day. There were not too many fans in the leppings lane end, ust in the centre pens, and Gate C was not forced open, but the police ordered it to be opened. The myths around the Hillsborough disaster are many, but that is what they are - myths. This has been proven by the Taylor report who totally exonerated the supporters, and in fact praised them for their actions, especially in the treatment of those fallen. Many people have the same opinion as you, and this has been the fallout of the Sun's disgraceful headlines and the lies the police told in the immediate aftermath to cover their own lack of control.

The result of this is that 20 years later, the facts of what happened have not been heard in a British court. The 3:15 cut off time is vital. It was not only the cause for the crush, but that given usual response procedures, many lives would have been saved. As the article said, we cannot learn from the mistakes if they are not recognised.

It could easily have been any other club, and in fact it was only by Luck that Tottenham fans got away without fatalities in 1981. That even resulted in Hillsborough not being used for Semis until 1988.

I understand why people think what they do. It is hard not to given the lies that came out - mud sticks and all that.

If you want to read more, there is a document called Hillsborough for Dummies. It is totally factual and can be backed up with evidence.

<a class="postlink" href="http://hfdinfo.com/HFDdocument2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hfdinfo.com/HFDdocument2.pdf</a>

Prestwich_Blue said:
PistonBlue said:

It makes it quite clear that there were fans without tickets but they were not a significant factor in what happened.
Which one ????????
4. Gate C, an 'exit' gate between the inner concourse and the outside, was opened by the police because of the dangerous congestion at the turnstiles. There was no recognition, either by the club or the police, that unless fans arrived steadily over a long, drawn-out period the turnstiles would not be capable of coping with the large numbers involved. This was made worse by the fact that the operational order and police tactics did not consider the possibility of a large concentration of late arrivals. This situation, according to Taylor, was made worse by a drunken minority and the club's confused and inadequate signs and ticketing.
He clearly said that L'pool fans HAD had effect on what happened.

PistonBlue said:

Thats a little like saying that George Bush was responsible for 9/11, accident and things of this type don't have a "blame pie" each body is answerable in its own right. There may have been some blame that Liverpool fans have to take(none that died), however my point is that doesn't mitigate the police, indeed in my view under their own code of conduct it places more responsibility on them which they failed, so your last point about blood on their hands is totally wrong.

bluemanc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Which one ????????
4. Gate C, an 'exit' gate between the inner concourse and the outside, was opened by the police because of the dangerous congestion at the turnstiles. There was no recognition, either by the club or the police, that unless fans arrived steadily over a long, drawn-out period the turnstiles would not be capable of coping with the large numbers involved. This was made worse by the fact that the operational order and police tactics did not consider the possibility of a large concentration of late arrivals. This situation, according to Taylor, was made worse by a drunken minority and the club's confused and inadequate signs and ticketing.
He's clearly talking about the congestion at the turnstiles not the deaths. But some people still believe that the fans forced the gates down.

The late arrivals were largely down to traffic problems and the police should have delayed the kick-off. Once in they funnelled everyone into the already crowded central pens rather than the emptier ones at the sides. The comment about ticketing was because the Liverpool fans should have been given the other end of the ground as it had a greater capacity.

Prestwich_Blue said:
bluemanc said:
Which one ????????
He's clearly talking about the congestion at the turnstiles not the deaths. But some people still believe that the fans forced the gates down.

The late arrivals were largely down to traffic problems and the police should have delayed the kick-off. Once in they funnelled everyone into the already crowded central pens rather than the emptier ones at the sides. The comment about ticketing was because the Liverpool fans should have been given the other end of the ground as it had a greater capacity.
2. The second major criticism of the Taylor Inquiry is that the evidence was not taken under oath. The long-term impact of this cannot be emphasised enough. It means that in any subsequent court proceedings where people have brought Taylor into the equation, the person presiding has diminished the evidence by stating that it was not sworn evidence. The inquests are probably the clearest example of this. So when Duckenfield admitted at the Inquiry that he had lied when he said that fans forced the gate open that statement has little or no validity as it was not said under oath.
Match commander Chief Superintendent David Duckinfield should have been jailed,what a disgusting example he set.

bluemanc said:
Match commander Chief Superintendent David Duckinfield should have been jailed,what a disgusting example he set.

Yes I totally agree. The police screwed up then, realising they'd screwed up, lied to protect themselves. The reason Duckenfield was never prosecuted was that he "retired" on health grounds just before the prosecution was due to start. It was then decided that, because he wouldn't face the court, it would be "unfair" to prosecute his assistant, Bernard Murray.

The first I ever heard of the Hillsborough disaster was when a docu/drama was shown on TV years later. At the time it was aired I was still young but remember feeling sickened by it. I waved goodbye to my mum every other Saturday when she was leaving for Maine Road, and what happened at Hillsborough played on my mind. That could have happened to fans of any team on that day. If City had been in a semi final at Hillsborough, we would have had hundreds of fans without tickets as well. Awful, I cant believe justice has not yet prevailed. I remember when I was at school, my history teacher was a Nottingham Forest fan and he told me how badly the disaster had effected him, even though he was at the other end of the pitch.

RIP to those that perished on that awful day.

JFT96

This almost happened again in Athens due to ticketless fans forcing their way in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.