Interview with Hillsborough Victims Mother

Corky said:
This almost happened again in Athens due to ticketless fans forcing their way in.
Again, this may well have happened but yet again the supporters were blamed for systemic problems higher up. That stadium should never have been allowed to stage a major final as (like Hillsborough) it was totally inadequate. Could you get into CoMS without a ticket?

There were also a lot of headlines generated after remarks by William Gaillard, the UEFA head of communications. However, none of the incidents he talked about were in the official report, which was never made public (although government officials saw it). He later admitted it was a very small minority.
That doesn't make it right but could any of us say that no City fan in the same situation wouldn't do the same?

Sheila Spiers of the Football Supporters Association, who worked closely with bereaved families following Hillsborough, is shocked:

"The fans suffered and died and they haven't got any benefits out of Hillsborough, and so many other people have. This is an example of the people in the heart of footballs organisation and ruling bodies using Lord Justice Taylors edict on all-seater to make large amounts of money. It's quite sickening."
<a class="postlink" href="http://playthegame.org/Knowledge%20Bank" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://playthegame.org/Knowledge%20Bank</a> ... aster.aspx
Staggering,i wonder how many MP'S ended up on boards of companys that made plastic seats.

After the 1985 EC final and the 1989 FA Semi you would have thought they would behave better.

You can get in any ground without a ticket, you jump the turnstile and run. You do not normally get away with it but if 1000s do it they have not got a chance of stopping you.

Something else I forgot to mention, when City played Sheff Weds in the cup at Hillborough (was it last year?) I found myself feeling rather clostrophobic at half time on the concourse, and even worse trying to get out of the place. I didnt feel safe at all, I felt like I was going to be knocked down the stairs and crushed, not a nice feeling at all. Im suprised they are allowed to put so many people in that stand.

A mixture of shitty police and the shittiness of Liverpool fans caused 96 people to die. It was both their faults and they are in denial if either of them says otherwise.

RIP

berger1985 said:
Something else I forgot to mention, when City played Sheff Weds in the cup at Hillborough (was it last year?) I found myself feeling rather clostrophobic at half time on the concourse, and even worse trying to get out of the place. I didnt feel safe at all, I felt like I was going to be knocked down the stairs and crushed, not a nice feeling at all. Im suprised they are allowed to put so many people in that stand.
I thought exactly the same going out. The steps were very steep and it was narrow on the stairwells and on the concourse. It wouldn't have taken much to cause a problem.

berger1985 said:

75 years in Feb since the Hillsborough Disaster when we played there in the 4th round in 1934. They did not even stop the match when fans were being taken out crushed.

So its always been a disaster waiting to happen. That makes it even more shocking. Why are they still allowed to fill that stand to capacity!? Is there not a very real possibility of something bad happening there again?

Immaculate Pasta said:
A mixture of shitty police and the shittiness of Liverpool fans caused 96 people to die. It was both their faults and they are in denial if either of them says otherwise.
I was sorely tempted to put something really offensive towards you in here but, unlike you, I don't believe in insulting fellow fans.

However I'm getting really, really fed up of these slurs on 96 dead people and their fellow fans by ignorant know-nowts. Go away and do some reading (other than the Sun and the Mail) then come back and tell us that it was the fault of the fans. Because that's not what Taylor said.

So some fans had had a bit to drink? Shock, horror!
So some turned up without tickets then walked in when the police panicked and opened an exit gate? Any of us would have done the same. But the evidence clearly showed that the numbers in the ground at that end were within its safety capacity.

The fans were not to blame for what happened but, as usual, they suffered both with their lives and the way we now watch football.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
I was sorely tempted to put something really offensive towards you in here but, unlike you, I don't believe in insulting fellow fans.

However I'm getting really, really fed up of these slurs on 96 dead people and their fellow fans by ignorant know-nowts. Go away and do some reading (other than the Sun and the Mail) then come back and tell us that it was the fault of the fans. Because that's not what Taylor said.

So some fans had had a bit to drink? Shock, horror!
So some turned up without tickets then walked in when the police panicked and opened an exit gate? Any of us would have done the same. But the evidence clearly showed that the numbers in the ground at that end were within its safety capacity.

The fans were not to blame for what happened but, as usual, they suffered both with their lives and the way we now watch football.

Are you a scouser because your denial is hilairious. The scousers are not innocent in all of this, grounds in the 80's were death traps all over the country and most fans who travelled to games had tickets or paid an admission fee, they did not put other lives at risk by jibbing in with free tickets or charging in. There is not one party to blame, it is a mixture off shitty police neglect and a small minority of scummy scousers. There is no denying that and i don't need to read The Sun to make up that opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.