Investigation in Liverpool's 'hacking' of our computer systems

Of course. Considering the details they hacked were about individuals, probably medical info too, this would have been a GDPR breach, which I believe would have cost us £20 mill or 2% of our annual turnover, whichever was higher. Cheers fir clearing that up mate :)
It was a third-party system that we (and others) had exclusive 'partitions' on I believe. So if we were doing searches, then I doubt we'd be classed as the data controller. But you can input data into Scout7 I believe so we would probably have been classed as a data controller.

Can somebody post this thread on RAWK please.

For some strange reason, that I can’t explain, there’s no mention at all of Liverpool hacking City’s player database.

Actually, there’s no mention of the coach attack either. Hmmm.
There was at the time of the coach attack. The whole plan and organisation was writ large across it, aided and abetted by the club and police publishing the planned route changes...

As I said earlier in the thread, both parties could have faced action under different parts of the Data Protection Act. Liverpool for the hacking (criminal offences under both the DPA and the Computer Misuse Act) and City for having poor security which could have made it easier for them to get in (a possible civil fine from the ICO). I strongly suspect this is why we settled
You make a valid point that I never understood. City have an obligation to protect their data. I suppose the real question is when did City know they were leaving and what appropriate action did they take ? Notice must have been given. I can not believe that their contract at City did not have some clause about data theft.They could have photoed all the info onto their mobiles,easier and less stupid than logging in.Either way,this sums up the scouser approach, as surely any individual caught acting illegally should be dismissed.Probably got a pay rise from Fenway after sneaking after our targets.

You make a valid point that I never understood. City have an obligation to protect their data. I suppose the real question is when did City know they were leaving and what appropriate action did they take ? Notice must have been given. I can not believe that their contract at City did not have some clause about data theft.They could have photoed all the info onto their mobiles,easier and less stupid than logging in.Either way,this sums up the scouser approach, as surely any individual caught acting illegally should be dismissed.Probably got a pay rise from Fenway after sneaking after our targets.
FSG have previous for hacking mate. I’m sure it will have been encouraged from right at the top. Suppose that makes FSG a good fit for Liverpool?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.