Investigation in Liverpool's 'hacking' of our computer systems

Why take *£1mill*, when we could have all but destroyed FSG's and Liverpool's reputation publicly?

And in doing so, derailed their long-term plans to catch up and to overtake City. City should have sized the opportunity and been ruthless.

Guessing. FSG and Liverpool may have had something (minor) on City from you know who, so a settlement was agreed on the QT to save any public embarrassment for both clubs?

We will never find out. And those who do know at both clubs, plus the legal teams involved, will never tell.

Case closed. Filed away. Move on.
Possibly mate. I don’t doubt that an element of corruption goes on at pretty much every club, so with Liverpool accessing our systems, they may well have uncovered some sort of ‘dodgy’ dealings from ourselves or us sailing close to the wind. Sad, but quite possibly true.

Never thought about it from this perspective. Cheers for making me think a bit more & doubt my original thoughts about the £1mill pay off :)

Possibly mate. I don’t doubt that an element of corruption goes on at pretty much every club, so with Liverpool accessing our systems, they may well have uncovered some sort of ‘dodgy’ dealings from ourselves or us sailing close to the wind. Sad, but quite possibly true.

Never thought about it from this perspective. Cheers for making me think a bit more & doubt my original thoughts about the £1mill pay off :)

I don’t think there are dodgy dealings that we are concerned about but when FFP was going to CAS, those with knowledge said parties always try to come to an agreement outside of court. Maybe it’s the unknown but try & get a win win situation.

This is over but I’m assuring the UEFA investigation into failures in their process which led to us being prosecuted along with persistent false leaks.

I don’t think there are dodgy dealings that we are concerned about but when FFP was going to CAS, those with knowledge said parties always try to come to an agreement outside of court. Maybe it’s the unknown but try & get a win win situation.

This is over but I’m assuring the UEFA investigation into failures in their process which led to us being prosecuted along with persistent false leaks.
Totally agree with the out of court settlements part, but, & this won’t be popular on this board, if there is corruption the global game, there’s definitely corruption in the English game, (which there is as evidence has proven) so I’d consider myself to be naive to believe that there was no corruption in my club.

Of course there might not be any corruption at Ciry, which we all want to believe, but just as likely, we’ve either sailed close to the wind or been involved with something which would be considered corrupt.......which in all fairness leaves a huge scope as corruption can take many many forms

Totally agree with the out of court settlements part, but, & this won’t be popular on this board, if there is corruption the global game, there’s definitely corruption in the English game, (which there is as evidence has proven) so I’d consider myself to be naive to believe that there was no corruption in my club.

Of course there might not be any corruption at Ciry, which we all want to believe, but just as likely, we’ve either sailed close to the wind or been involved with something which would be considered corrupt.......which in all fairness leaves a huge scope as corruption can take many many forms
There’s one thing for sure, if there is corruption at our club, it’s being looked for a lot more intensely than it is the other clubs

He won't be up yet so I will answer for him, @Eccles Blue suggested that phrase instead of the C word. I suggested silly sausages but that hasn't taken off it seems. :-)
She is up. ;-)
I was only suggesting it for the thread titles if the software won’t allow the other word. As I always say I don’t have any ‘feelings’ one way or the other over language as long as no one asks me to swear. Just my old fashioned upbringing I guess. A slap or a threat of soapy mouth washing deters people! :-) :-)

As I said earlier in the thread, both parties could have faced action under different parts of the Data Protection Act. Liverpool for the hacking (criminal offences under both the DPA and the Computer Misuse Act) and City for having poor security which could have made it easier for them to get in (a possible civil fine from the ICO). I strongly suspect this is why we settled

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.