Investigation in Liverpool's 'hacking' of our computer systems

As I said earlier in the thread, both parties could have faced action under different parts of the Data Protection Act. Liverpool for the hacking (criminal offences under both the DPA and the Computer Misuse Act) and City for having poor security which could have made it easier for them to get in (a possible civil fine from the ICO). I strongly suspect this is why we settled
Of course. Considering the details they hacked were about individuals, probably medical info too, this would have been a GDPR breach, which I believe would have cost us £20 mill or 2% of our annual turnover, whichever was higher. Cheers fir clearing that up mate :)

As I said earlier in the thread, both parties could have faced action under different parts of the Data Protection Act. Liverpool for the hacking (criminal offences under both the DPA and the Computer Misuse Act) and City for having poor security which could have made it easier for them to get in (a possible civil fine from the ICO). I strongly suspect this is why we settled
Exactly this

Of course. Considering the details they hacked were about individuals, probably medical info too, this would have been a GDPR breach, which I believe would have cost us £20 mill or 2% of our annual turnover, whichever was higher. Cheers fir clearing that up mate :)
It pre dated GDPR and the 2018 legislation but we still could have been fined up to £500,000 under the old Data Protection Act 1998.
The Liverpool staff responsible could and should have got jail time under the Computer Misuse Act. Concerted and repeated illegal accesses for financial gain/advantage would easily pass the threshold for custodial sentences.
It was obviously sanctioned at the very highest levels of that rancid organisation as the two suspected of being responsible were actually promoted by the club instead of being sacked

It pre dated GDPR and the 2018 legislation but we still could have been fined up to £500,000 under the old Data Protection Act 1998.
The Liverpool staff responsible could and should have got jail time under the Computer Misuse Act. Concerted and repeated illegal accesses for financial gain/advantage would easily pass the threshold for custodial sentences.
It was obviously sanctioned at the very highest levels of that rancid organisation as the two suspected of being responsible were actually promoted by the club instead of being sacked
Thanks for the correction Blue :)

She is up. ;-)
I was only suggesting it for the thread titles if the software won’t allow the other word. As I always say I don’t have any ‘feelings’ one way or the other over language as long as no one asks me to swear. Just my old fashioned upbringing I guess. A slap or a threat of soapy mouth washing deters people! :-) :-)
Ha ha I was meaning @gordondaviesmoustache wont be up yet. I have it on good authority that he doesn't rise until the sun is over the yard arm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.