Investigation in Liverpool's 'hacking' of our computer systems

Does an nda prevent talking to police when questioned? Or just media and individuals
An NDA will have absolutely no impact on police questions, as with any contract crime investigation powers would supersede any contractual obligation (i.e. one cannot refuse to answer questions on the basis of a contractual obligation not to disclose a crime; one can refuse to answer questions under Right to Silence, but could still eventually be compelled to provide evidence in certain situations).

Not sure that Liverpool’s reputation is ‘glittering’, especially amongst fans of other clubs, but as the most (overly?) romanticised club in Britain, there is a reputation to damage.

There’s clearly no evidence, but Liverpool didn’t leak it and the only other party involved was City. So the leak has come from there. Given the suggestion from Daniel Taylor that the legal elements of the ‘agreement’ prevents action now, I’m not sure what other motivation there might be for getting this in the public domain.
It would help if you knew some of the background before commenting:-

Does an nda prevent talking to police when questioned? Or just media and individuals

I’ve no legal background but seem to recall it mentioned in the thread about the Ronald rape allegation that an NDA is not enforceable if it covers a criminal act.

Hacking someone’s computer system is a criminal offence isn’t it?

Not sure that Liverpool’s reputation is ‘glittering’, especially amongst fans of other clubs, but as the most (overly?) romanticised club in Britain, there is a reputation to damage.

There’s clearly no evidence, but Liverpool didn’t leak it and the only other party involved was City. So the leak has come from there. Given the suggestion from Daniel Taylor that the legal elements of the ‘agreement’ prevents action now, I’m not sure what other motivation there might be for getting this in the public domain.

An NDA and £1m doesn’t head off what amounts to espionage and a criminal act. The SFA could prosecute both Liverpool and the employees involved. This is potentially serious enough to warrant custodial sentences; which puts into perspective what is being swept under the carpet.

I’ve no legal background but seem to recall it mentioned in the thread about the Ronald rape allegation that an NDA is not enforceable if it covers a criminal act.

Hacking someone’s computer system is a criminal offence isn’t it?

NDAs tend to have a clause confirming that they do not apply in a court of law.

someone I know who works within the law thinks that even should City go against the NDA the fines are normally less than the payment made....I don't know if that is true

I would think to our owners it’s not about the money; it’s obvious the mainstream media - and both the FArce and PL want this swept under the carpet.

They wouldn’t be able to ignore a legal battle if City decided to report it as a criminal offence.

I would think to our owners it’s not about the money; it’s obvious the mainstream media - and both the FArce and PL want this swept under the carpet.

They wouldn’t be able to ignore a legal battle if City decided to report it as a criminal offence.

come on City report it to the police ….

It would help if you knew some of the background before commenting:-

And there you have it, FSG and Liverpool's Lawyers all over it from the beginning.

No wonder no paper or Journalist wanted to take them on, bar the Times, to an extent,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.