Investigation in Liverpool's 'hacking' of our computer systems

I've heard that there's lawsuits that are active, rather than threatened. That may well account for the current media blackout.

But worry ye not. Just have patience and all will be revealed.

Many appear puzzled and angry because of the failure of PL to carry out any investigation, by the apparent lack of progress in the FA's inquiry and by the media's near silence on the whole matter. PB's post actually deals with all these grievances, most obviously that of the press silence. If the courts are dealing with aspects of the matter it would preclude any action by either PL or FA, since it could prejudice the outcome of the court's deliberations. At the moment the football authorities could be totally irrelevant. Maybe we'll have a clearer picture when PB publishes more revelations...

Lawsuits that are active sounds promising indeed. The Times said it is the biggest scandal to hit the premier league. One or two having sleepless nights no doubt about the severity of their criminal behaviour on hundreds of occasions, allegedly.

I certainly think there is enough here to suggest it's behavioural, even instructed, rather than isolated, not least because the group owners have exhibited identical behaviour in other sporting franchises. Certainly worth the independent investigation, you'd have thought.

Seriously interested to see which staff Liverpool have recruited from other clubs over the past few years.

Interesting... If this was a settlement agreement between the 2 organisations and it was not reported to the Police then I wonder why its still going on.

Is it possible that the Dippers carried on with such activities after the settlement? That might explain why this has escalated.

Alternatively maybe the extant of the offences has been found to be more extensive than was originally thought.

Very very strange, but we do know that they have quite a bit of form for dodgy extra curricular activities

Interesting... If this was a settlement agreement between the 2 organisations and it was not reported to the Police then I wonder why its still going on.

Is it possible that the Dippers carried on with such activities after the settlement? That might explain why this has escalated.

Yep they did

I think this is complex. The agreement between the clubs covers financial compensation. However, the agreement has no legal status. Hacking information in this manner is a criminal matter and the serious fraud office could well prosecute LFC - if it can be proven they hacked into our scouting system. This is a criminal matter and could see the perpetrators imprisoned. In addition, this is clearly against the spirit of FA rules and the FA as the governing body should see one of its members hacking another as a very serious misdemeanour - and as we saw in F1 the sanctions should be very severe to preserve the credibility of the sport. A further angle must be the role of FSG who appear to engaging in underhand skullduggery in other areas of theIr sports ownership. The culture of FSG must be reviewed by all governing bodies where their teams participate.

Do we know that? How would they do that? I’d be amazed if we didn’t review all access and change all passwords after this came to light.

Read it on here! they probably thought once they paid the 1m it gave them green light for tapping in forever more.

I think this is complex. The agreement between the clubs covers financial compensation. However, the agreement has no legal status. Hacking information in this manner is a criminal matter and the serious fraud office could well prosecute LFC - if it can be proven they hacked into our scouting system. This is a criminal matter and could see the perpetrators imprisoned. In addition, this is clearly against the spirit of FA rules and the FA as the governing body should see one of its members hacking another as a very serious misdemeanour - and as we saw in F1 the sanctions should be very severe to preserve the credibility of the sport. A further angle must be the role of FSG who appear to engaging in underhand skullduggery in other areas of theIr sports ownership. The culture of FSG must be reviewed by all governing bodies where their teams participate.

But surely the unauthorised access to City's proprietary data is only a criminal act if City makes a complaint to the Police?

If they agreed a settlement then it cannot have got to that point at that time.

Hence my feeling that something else must have happened after the settlement agreement was put in place for this to have blown up post settlement.

My money would be on either further unauthorised accessing of the data or the original activities going much further than City knew about at the time of the settlement.

Lets not be that surprised about the level of skullduggery here... FSG and their associates have been caught up to their ears in various activities outside the rules of the various sports they are involved in. Why would that behaviour not cary through into football? I'm being careful exactly how I put this but type Standard Chartered & Money Laundering into Google and there are some quite interesting results.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.