Invincibles next

I remember a mate asking how liverpool could go the whole season, only lose one game and not come out winners. I told him it was because you don't rewarded for failure.

Nevertheless, and it may seem weird to say it, but that Liverpool team played better football over the whole season than the Arsenal invincible team did in their season. Easily.

Do you really think we would be allowed to?
People use to say that about the champions league, do you really think uefa would let us win it? Although I admit it's highly unlikely we'd do a invincibles season especially with how deep we go into competitions fatigue would definitely hinder us in the league.

There are much bigger achievements to aim for than an unbeaten league season:

- If we win the FA Community Shield, the UEFA Super Cup, the FIFA World Club Cup and the EFL Cup next season, City will be the first ever English club to do the Grand Slam.

- If we win the Premier League next season we will be the first ever English club to win four in a row.

- If we win the Champions League next season we will be the first ever English club to win it back-to-back since it became the CL.

Besides, going unbeaten doesn’t mean we’d win anything. Arsenal got 90 points in their ‘Invincibles’ season. That would only have won the league twice in the last seven Prem seasons.
We should sack Pep if he doesn't go full strength with this Grand Slam on the line ;).
Seriously though I still rank the 4 competitions in the first paragraph as behind everything else we're competing in. Even if we did it it be a TINY sidebar in the papers

This is soley to be petty as arsenal fans are cockends

prem and all other cups are always the priority, but would be fun to go unbeaten and see them in dispare at it

Nice use of the Latin, but only works as a second person singular conjugation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.