Invincibles next

There are much bigger achievements to aim for than an unbeaten league season:

- If we win the FA Community Shield, the UEFA Super Cup, the FIFA World Club Cup and the EFL Cup next season, City will be the first ever English club to do the Grand Slam.

- If we win the Premier League next season we will be the first ever English club to win four in a row.

- If we win the Champions League next season we will be the first ever English club to win it back-to-back since it became the CL.

Besides, going unbeaten doesn’t mean we’d win anything. Arsenal got 90 points in their ‘Invincibles’ season. That would only have won the league twice in the last seven Prem seasons.
Exactly.

I want to retain champions league with swagger and confidence and do three in row like Zidane witg Real and Ajax in 70s. Then we can get the uefa badge number and not til we win 5. That would be dream come true!

Arsenal can keep the Gold trophy.

If it was on the cards with the league wrapped up and a few games left fine, but let's remember Arsenal only won the league that season. I would rather lose a PL game and win another trophy too. And Arsenal fans only think otherwise because they are a joke.

Fourmidables (domestic sweep)
Centurions
Invincibles (UEFA)
PL (3 in a row)
Treble winners

I’m alright with City not having the gold cup.

Draws in this time period will not do anyone any good. Back then, that Arsenal team could do it.

It’s monumentally tough to even win the league when it’s possible that 90 points isn’t enough unless every other team falls off a cliff.

Also, Spurs still exist so it’s not happening.

Invincibles - “it’s the best achievement ever” “if it’s that easy why has no one else done it?”
Officially speaking, they are not the only team to do it. From wiki:

"The Invincibles" is a nickname used to refer to the Preston North End team of the 1888–89 season, managed by William Sudell, and the Arsenal team of the 2003–04 season managed by Arsène Wenger."

Do you really think we would be allowed to?

I always love these comments, that presume we've been "allowed" to win 5 titles in 6 years, get 100 points, win all 4 domestic trophies, threepeat, win a treble...but we'd never be "allowed" to be unbeaten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.