Invisible man

Didsbury Dave said:
ell said:
I always thought it was a dig back at united but oh well. (How we all dress as blue plastic seats etc)

What?!?!?!
You know how we "never fill the council house" "oh city were in fancy dress today, all as blue plastic seats" I have a rag brother so I grew up with all this shite.

I also thought it was because of this when I was a kid

As you've seen mate, it's nothing to do with that.

It meant something when we were absolutely shit and stood on the terraces in division 2.

It even meant something when we suddenly recovered.

The best ever rendition of it was about 2 minutes before the final whistle at Ewood Park when we got promoted. It gave me goose pimples then because it had been turned on its head and it meant we couldn't quite believe things had got so good so quick.

But it's a bit meaningless now for me.

Didsbury Dave said:

It meant something when we were absolutely shit and stood on the terraces in division 2.

The best ever rendition of it was about 2 minutes before the final whistle at Ewood Park when we got promoted. It gave me goose pimples then because it had been turned on its head and it meant we couldn't quite believe things had got so good so quick.

Yeah I know now thats just when I was a youngen.

Still its an awesome song even if its meaningless

Didsbury Dave said:

Andy Morrisson talked about it in a recent interview. He said something along the lines of 'they use to sing about the invisible man at every ground in Division two, hopefully soon they'll be singing it in Barcalona'. For one reason or another it became synonymous with our spell in Division Two so if singing it perserves a part of City's history that in a funny way I'm proud of then I'm all for it.

I was on the trip to Ireland with Don Price and the lads and can remember the full version of the song being sung
Could trip great days CTID

Didsbury Dave said:
He talks about the "Youre the pride of Singapore" chant but I can tell you it's origins definitively.

It was that game against United at OT a few years ago, about 2001, which was a testamonial. I think we lost 2-1.

they were singing "You're the shit of Manchester"

I stood up and sung "You're the pride of Malaysia".

My mate next to me, Didsberry Blue on here, sung "You're the Pride of Singapore". The 4 or 5 of us together started singing it and the City end joined in.

I still think we should sing that more...I susppose I'm biased.

I remember this well, I think that was Dennis Irwins testamonial at the swamp DD. Think SWP made a showing there, everyone was thinking he should be at home doing his homework!!

Didsbury Dave said:

Its a link to the past, I hope never dies. I dont want to become an arrogant bastsrd like the rags, we need to remember those days and count our blessings.

blue1969 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Its a link to the past, I hope never dies. I dont want to become an arrogant bastsrd like the rags, we need to remember those days and count our blessings.

I totally agree. Its just sung for irony purposes now that we have come back from div2 where we all still turned up week after week, and now on the verge of something massive.

Like what Andy Morrison says he hopes we sing it at Barcelona one day and it will really mean, ''we're not really here ''

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.