Ipswich (H) - Sat 24th Aug | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, we can get to 3-0 and have 5 subs come on to give some of the starters a rest.

Ortega (?!)

Walker (Lewis)
Stones
Ake
Guardiol

Rodri (Kovacic)

Foden
Bernardo (McAtee)
KDB (Nunes)
Doku (Grealish)

Haaland

4-1-4-1 transitioning to an attacking 3-2-4-1 and an under the cosh swarming 2-5-3, if we are camped in their half!

If they play man to man, we need to play some long balls for Haaland to knock down to the wings, or tap back and go, or just run onto them if they are caught short.

No idea what they look like and literally the only player of theirs I know as I sit here today is Kalvin Phillips!

Nothing less than a resounding thumping should be expected…which means it’ll be a squeaker!! ;/)
They gave us £20million this summer for Delap.

Super relaxed about this game
That’s always a concern.

3 points against anyone is 3 points in the bag for later.

Every season we lose to at least 1 team we shouldn’t, or throw away a lead/fight for a point against them. The earlier it happens, the harder we make it for ourselves.

Put them to the sword. No mercy. No messing. And, always beware complacency after a great victory, so you don’t waste your previous hard work and 3pts.

That said, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t keep a clean sheet and send them home with a -5 or -6 GD for the season.

Last edited:
There is no need to rotation at this stage of the season and all we have to be wary of is their enthusiasm and don't give them any encouragement. As always we have to bide our time in breaking them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.