Ireland in talks with Villa

Taylor said:
Ireland had one good season for city and we treat him like a god!! maybe if we take down his Ireland is superman banner he might prove he is worth the shirt. Don't get me wrong I love to see academy players make it at our squad but at the end of the day for me Ireland has done nothing to show he should make the 25 man squad. The only player who is rumoured to be leaving who I think deserves his place is Bellamy.

This this this this this this.

Just wish the players and fans were all 1, i remember the shit times now good times COULD be on the way we seem to be on self destruct

the goats backside said:
Just wish the players and fans were all 1, i remember the shit times now good times COULD be on the way we seem to be on self destruct

The players and fans were never all one mate. It's a myth.

kiran111 said:
Posted this thread before I left work yesterday, just having a look now and some interesting points in here. I understand what one poster said about it being bollocks as Villa have no manager but don't you get the feeling that Lerner and his Chief Exec are doing all the talking and dealing?

I also get what one poster said about Villa pissing themselves at this deal, because if Ireland does come good in new surroundings (and manages to wrangle the £3 Million he thinks he's owed from the club). It'll be City yet again with egg on our faces.

haven't you considered that O'Neill did sanction and seek to engineer the Ireland transfer, but he also resigned after-the-fact because of the financial limitations and rift that had been opening up for him at Villa since the end of last season?

do you really think that someone other than the manager at Villa selects the squad and picks the team? (Are you getting confused with Hearts by any chance?)

as for us, there's no egg anywhere... we're not constrained like Villa, fortunately, and do you really expect us to have 100 players on our books when only 25 senior players can participate in the league this season?

the sad reality is that although I like Ireland when he's at his best, and I'd have preferred him to go out on loan for a season if he wasn't going to make the cut at City this time around, perhaps like Nedum might, at the end of the day certain decisions must be made. This isn't the same as previous seasons, where Liverpool - for example, under Rafa used a total of 62 players in their squad.

it's about time people got realistic.

MCFCinUSA said:
kiran111 said:
Posted this thread before I left work yesterday, just having a look now and some interesting points in here. I understand what one poster said about it being bollocks as Villa have no manager but don't you get the feeling that Lerner and his Chief Exec are doing all the talking and dealing?

I also get what one poster said about Villa pissing themselves at this deal, because if Ireland does come good in new surroundings (and manages to wrangle the £3 Million he thinks he's owed from the club). It'll be City yet again with egg on our faces.

haven't you considered that O'Neill did sanction and seek to engineer the Ireland transfer, but he also resigned after-the-fact because of the financial limitations and rift that had been opening up for him at Villa since the end of last season?

do you really think that someone other than the manager at Villa selects the squad and picks the team? (Are you getting confused with Hearts by any chance?)

as for us, there's no egg anywhere... we're not constrained like Villa, fortunately, and do you really expect us to have 100 players on our books when only 25 senior players can participate in the league this season?

the sad reality is that although I like Ireland when he's at his best, and I'd have preferred him to go out on loan for a season if he wasn't going to make the cut at City this time around, perhaps like Nedum might, at the end of the day certain decisions must be made. This isn't the same as previous seasons, where Liverpool - for example, under Rafa used a total of 62 players in their squad.

That's what I heard too. Villa's owner didn't accept Ireland plus money for Milner. He wanted cash only, and that's why O'Neill resigned.

barney8 said:
MCFCinUSA said:

That's what I heard too. Villa's owner didn't accept Ireland plus money for Milner. He wanted cash only, and that's why O'Neill resigned.

Fair points by both of you, never really thought of it like that, and I know Villa aren't like corrupt Hearts.

The egg on our faces was in reference to Ireland coming back to City and scoring against us, which as I'm sure you know pretty much always happens to a player that has left us and is trying to prove a point.

I'd be very much in favour of a loan deal, possibly up to Sunderland instead of Villa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.