Ireland in talks with Villa

No O Neill, no Keane, no McGeady, no Ireland. Very dissapointed to see O Neill go. A very good manager that took Villa right up there, but without him, they've no attraction either.

Ireland can do whatever it is he likes, he's no character and no fight. He thinks he's a hell lot better than he is.

IrishMacca said:
No O Neill, no Keane, no McGeady, no Ireland. Very dissapointed to see O Neill go. A very good manager that took Villa right up there, but without him, they've no attraction either.

Ireland can do whatever it is he likes, he's no character and no fight. He thinks he's a hell lot better than he is.

Fella for me i am upset about Ireland (although gutted about Ballamy) what makes the Ireland deal for me so difficult o understand is the amount of cah involved in addition to Ireland - there is no way Milner is worth the money we are paying plus Ireland - both are one season wonders - i dont and no doubt others just dont see Milner a massive step up

dctid said:
IrishMacca said:

Fella for me i am upset about Ireland (although gutted about Ballamy) what makes the Ireland deal for me so difficult o understand is the amount of cah involved in addition to Ireland - there is no way Milner is worth the money we are paying plus Ireland - both are one season wonders - i dont and no doubt others just dont see Milner a massive step up

In my mind, you've got players who's name is worth more than their skill, Ronaldo, Beckham at a time, Henry, these days if you're young and you're English people will do just about anything to get the players, the likes of Hart, Milner. etc.
Than you've got players who are underated Given, Scotty Parker at a point in his career, Solskjaer one upon a time..etc.

Milner for me, well we all know why he's just so attractive, because being English, is what will matter in this season to come, and being young and English, hell you'd be started if you'd two left feet. Milner is good, but we don't need to buy him and make our squad even bigger..and we wonder why our players aren't happy.

u2fme2 said:
wont happen till they get a new manager

it's basically already a done deal - bar the medicals, as long as his new contract with us is sorted as his agent wants it settled.

best of luck to you Stevie if you're off, just please don't play well against us but other than this I wish you every success....

From a Villa mate regarding the MON saga

"Once it became apparent City were going to pay massive money for Milner, O'Neill was more than happy to let him go, as he believed it represented a good deal. He was originally told he'd be allowed to reinvest all of the money.

- He made it clear to Mr Lerner that the two players he wanted this season are Ireland and McGeady. Both deals were close to being done, with McGeady's only needing the signatures.

- On Sunday night Mr Lerner rang him to say that for various reasons, he'd only have slightly over £10m to spend in the window, so it was a straight choice between Ireland and McGeady.

- Contrary to belief, O'Neill has told Mr Lerner that if he could get the same money for Young as he will for Milner, then the club should sell. Spurs want him, but they want to unload three players in the deal (Keane, Jenas and Bentley).

- O'Neill rang Lerner yesterday morning in a last-ditch attempt to convince him to change his mind about the cash, only to be told that it wasn't negotiable. He was told that if he didn't like it, he knew what to do. Which he obviously did.

This is how the chain events happened as explained to me by someone working at the club."

I find the whole Ireland thing quite sad. His form and the probability of him going would have been unthinkable two seasons ago.

He used to zoom around the pitch getting his foot in, now he saunters around
never the same since that dizzy spell

Posted this thread before I left work yesterday, just having a look now and some interesting points in here. I understand what one poster said about it being bollocks as Villa have no manager but don't you get the feeling that Lerner and his Chief Exec are doing all the talking and dealing?

I also get what one poster said about Villa pissing themselves at this deal, because if Ireland does come good in new surroundings (and manages to wrangle the £3 Million he thinks he's owed from the club). It'll be City yet again with egg on our faces.

Ireland had one good season for city and we treat him like a god!! maybe if we take down his Ireland is superman banner he might prove he is worth the shirt. Don't get me wrong I love to see academy players make it at our squad but at the end of the day for me Ireland has done nothing to show he should make the 25 man squad. The only player who is rumoured to be leaving who I think deserves his place is Bellamy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.