Ireland interview

neilyoung said:
Just shows how football and our beloved City is all about opinions. Ireland has to many off games for me and isn't top quality. Also, it really irritates me to see the banner Ireland is Superman at the stadium (as it would for any current player or one in the past 30+ years) as they haven't won anything. Until we win something substantial I don't think we should be bigging up the players. Acceptance of mediocrity imho.

Ireland ? Average? A player whos had one decent season :O hes the next Kaka how dare you.

neilyoung said:
Just shows how football and our beloved City is all about opinions. Ireland has to many off games for me and isn't top quality. Also, it really irritates me to see the banner Ireland is Superman at the stadium (as it would for any current player or one in the past 30+ years) as they haven't won anything. Until we win something substantial I don't think we should be bigging up the players. Acceptance of mediocrity imho.

Lets slag them all of till they win something then.

We never won anything with Gio, goater or Super Kevin Horlock (my player of choice at school), but they are still legendary and have a place in my heart.

Ireland was out of this world last year, and has been in and out of the side this year. This doesn't help him settle into a new team (He would have to adapt to the new shape like everyone). He has always tried for city, giving 100%, and has the ability.

Ireland is supeman, and i know he will find the form of last year if he is played in his proper role and given games.

neilyoung said:

queue the moans

neilyoung said:

Can't agree with you there, Tevez is playing in Irelands position this season. This is a big issue........who do you drop, a guy who cost 25m or academy product? Ireland has been asked to play far too deep making him ineffective.
Methinks Ireland will come to the fore when Manchini decides 4 - 5 - 1 is our best way of playing (with current players).

Mark my words. If we were to sell, then every Prem club and a great many abroad would be interested. That includes the Rags, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Villa.
His so-called 'one-season wonder' was the one season when he was played in his proper, natural position, where he is most effective.
It would be madness to flog the best natural footballing talent this club has produced since, probably, Peter Barnes. And Superman is as Blue as they come

Brendan110_0 said:
neilyoung said:

Can't agree with you there, Tevez is playing in Irelands position this season. This is a big issue........who do you drop, a guy who cost 25m or academy product? Ireland has been asked to play far too deep making him ineffective.
Methinks Ireland will come to the fore when Manchini decides 4 - 5 - 1 is our best way of playing (with current players).

100% agree but cant drop tevez when hes scoring goals for fun

neilyoung said:

Glad I don't sit next to you at COMS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.