Ireland interview

neilyoung said:
Just shows how football and our beloved City is all about opinions. Ireland has to many off games for me and isn't top quality. Also, it really irritates me to see the banner Ireland is Superman at the stadium (as it would for any current player or one in the past 30+ years) as they haven't won anything. Until we win something substantial I don't think we should be bigging up the players. Acceptance of mediocrity imho.

So when was the last time you got excited about one of our players or have all of them been mediocre for 30plus years?

Mr Partridge said:
neilyoung said:
Just shows how football and our beloved City is all about opinions. Ireland has to many off games for me and isn't top quality. Also, it really irritates me to see the banner Ireland is Superman at the stadium (as it would for any current player or one in the past 30+ years) as they haven't won anything. Until we win something substantial I don't think we should be bigging up the players. Acceptance of mediocrity imho.

Glad I don't sit next to you at COMS.

thought he had his tickets at the swamp..?

He is superman... good i just love his way of playing football... COME BACK INTO FORM IRELAND

There is one reason why he isnt playing... that is Carlos Tevez

Last year it was

Zabaleta-----------------De jong
-------------Ireland-------------

SWP---------------------Robinho
-------------Bellamy-------------

Now we have to play both Ade and tevez, and we dont want tevez out on the wing to now we play:

Johnson---De Jong----Vieira---Barry

----------Adebayor--tevez---------

So whenever ireland plays he is playing out of position, hence why he plays shit.

brian the blue said:
There is one reason why he isnt playing... that is Carlos Tevez

Last year it was

Zabaleta-----------------De jong
-------------Ireland-------------

SWP---------------------Robinho
-------------Bellamy-------------

Now we have to play both Ade and tevez, and we dont want tevez out on the wing to now we play:

Johnson---De Jong----Vieira---Barry

----------Adebayor--tevez---------

So whenever ireland plays he is playing out of position, hence why he plays shit.

he plays shit becouse of his head

mancini dream to have him fully fit for play the diamond midfield

...........de jong.........
....vieirà...........barry
...........ireland..........

.......ade....tevez......

but ireland ATM is just a ghost...

More rumours of Ireland leaving at the end of the season in the Irish media with the Rags keeping a close eye on whats going on. They seem to think since Adam Johnson has come to the team that Ireland wont get back into the team.

leighton said:
More rumours of Ireland leaving at the end of the season in the Irish media with the Rags keeping a close eye on whats going on. They seem to think since Adam Johnson has come to the team that Ireland wont get back into the team.

thats cause mancini thinks ireland is a winger!!!

simon23 said:
leighton said:

I am starting to fear a small bit about Irelands chances at the club now. He is a gifted footballer the most gifted at the club. The team play the formation were he was key last season yet we pick 3 holding midfielders in there it makes me think that Ireland is not as high up in the pecking order anymore compared to others who have been hit and miss this season. I know the club would be mad to get rid of him but if you are not playing him he will soon get pissed off on the bench. The remainer of the season will be interesting to see from Irelands point of view if he is left out for the majority he wont be happy about it.

leighton said:
simon23 said:

I am starting to fear a small bit about Irelands chances at the club now. He is a gifted footballer the most gifted at the club. The team play the formation were he was key last season yet we pick 3 holding midfielders in there it makes me think that Ireland is not as high up in the pecking order anymore compared to others who have been hit and miss this season. I know the club would be mad to get rid of him but if you are not playing him he will soon get pissed off on the bench. The remainer of the season will be interesting to see from Irelands point of view if he is left out for the majority he wont be happy about it.

and rightly so

play him centrally with the freedom to do what he does best and we will benefit......he should play at home vs the likes of liverpool and spurs....we need to be positive in those games and they are made for ireland as both teams play football and there will be space for him to exploit. (esp against liverpool)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.