Ireland: No Mancini grudge

Andouble said:
I don't think I've seen him play football in a year. Has he featured this season?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10265~32625,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfil ... 25,00.html</a>

7 appearances so far this season, apparently (click on the ''stats'' tag).

Sh**t he might be back to his best know he realises he is not the best player in the world. i will clap an ex player even if he is a rag supporter.

Eccles Blue said:
According to my friend who has a Villa ST he played very well last week. Not sure if he played for the whole match but she reckons he is getting back to his best playing style.

He had a deccent first half and was dragged off in the second. Didn't even know he was still on the pitch when he went off.

inchy14 said:
sergiokun said:
Fair comments from Stevie Ireland, he only had the one decent season for city linking up well with Robinho…. Think he gets a bit more stick from the press than he deserves IMO… Hope we beat Villa tomorrow

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-city/8251151/Aston-Villa-s-Stephen-Ireland-says-he-has-no-issue-with-Roberto-Mancini" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.teamtalk.com/manchester-city ... to-Mancini</a>

Aston Villa midfielder Stephen Ireland insists there are no hard feelings between him and Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini as he prepares to go up against his old club.

Ireland will travel with Villa to the Etihad Stadium on Saturday to take on the reigning Premier League champions after departing the club two years ago.

At the time of his exit the midfielder launched a heated attack on Mancini, accusing the manager of not having a relationship with his players and suggesting a lack of loyalty at the club.

But while the 26-year-old does not believe he would have been given opportunities had he remained part of Mancini's star-studded squad, he bears the Italian no grudges.

"If I had stayed there, I wouldn't have been involved anyway. They have so much quality there was no way I was getting in that team," Ireland told the Daily Mirror.

The midfielder, who came through the youth ranks at City, added: "I live in the same area as him. I bump into him occasionally and we have a chat.

"It's completely fine. I understand it was a football decision. It was the right time for me to leave.

"He has to be (the right man for City). He has won them the league and they are still unbeaten in the Premier League so it's not like he has done really bad.

"I think Mancini has done a great job, and I can't see that changing."

No envy

Ireland's former club have secured Premier League and FA Cup success since his departure but the midfielder insists he feels no jealousy.

He said: "I have no envy whatsoever. I was just delighted for friends of mine like Micah Richards, Vincent Kompany and Joe Hart.

"They've worked hard, for years they have talked about it, so I was thrilled for them."

Ireland is out of contract at Villa in summer 2014 and is hoping the club will offer him a new deal when the time is right.

He added: "I still have 18 months on my contract left. I'm hoping my performances will get me a sit down.

"We haven't had any sit down or chat yet but it's obviously - understandable as it's still early days."

And there lies the reason he'll never make it at a top club, mentally weak, which is such a shame with all the talent at his disposal.

Quite right. That negative attitude is precisely the reason why he's gone shit again in the last few years.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=210108&start=180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=210108&start=180</a>

times change to be sure

He had nearly all the tools to be a top premiership player,and a valuable member of the squad.
Remember his performances against some good sides a few seasons ago,should have got pfa young player of the season.
Mental desire didn't match his ability though.If the penny really drops with him he can still become the player he should have been.

Im not sure what all was going on off the field for him at that time, but with top quality players in front and alongside Stevie, he matched them, but no matter how good you are, if there is no one moving for a pass, then you are always going to find it difficult to play the way he tries to play.
Got a LOT of unwarrented stick from elements of our "support" and another of the Platt Lane graduates I want to see do really well (apart from today of course)

Eccles Blue said:
WHy the heck did Lambert take Ireland off? He was the only player of theirs that appeared to be 100% trying!!

He was the best player on the park for Villa today and looked liked he worked hard... Great win today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.