Ireland: No Mancini grudge

I always thought Elano brought the best out of Ireland.
Pass and move and finish.
He had that great season, which looked to be continuing into the next when he stuck in a beauty away at Blackburn, then he faded away

Good ovation for Stevie Ireland when he went off

A little thing but something I hope he appreciated.

Looks like his game is beginning to come together again, and I think he'll do well under Paul Lambert

Re: Good ovation for Stevie Ireland when he went off

He's not sat right with me since he couldn't be arsed tracking Scholes' run for his winning header at the death in 2010. They were stood together in the centre circle, next minute Scholes scores the winner and Ireland is still in the centre circle with his hands on his hips. He just couldn't be arsed at all. Not interested in what result we gained against them. Then gave Mancini shit after he was sold which seemed a bit bitter to me.

I hope he does well at Villa, I'd like him to cement a place in their side, but he just went down in my estimations after that derby.

I gave him good ovation top man Superman

When he was good, boy he was good. Could take on anybody on his day. I was gutted when he was sold.

Will always give him a good ovation

Caveman said:
He's not sat right with me since he couldn't be arsed tracking Scholes' run for his winning header at the death in 2010. They were stood together in the centre circle, next minute Scholes scores the winner and Ireland is still in the centre circle with his hands on his hips. He just couldn't be arsed at all. Not interested in what result we gained against them. Then gave Mancini shit after he was sold which seemed a bit bitter to me.

I hope he does well at Villa, I'd like him to cement a place in their side, but he just went down in my estimations after that derby.

That finished him for me as a City player too but I still hope he has the career his talent deserves.

Caveman said:

Upon reflection, that moment was the final curtain for united in their thirty year hegemony over our club. It was another example, following on from the 4-3 win earlier that season, about how they were superior to us on the pitch, not just in terms of playing personnel, but also in terms of winning games by sheer force of will and self-belief.

How the likes of Ferdinand and Scholes must have thought, walking off the pitch at the end, that some things in life are subject to change, but united's total dominance over their small time rivals was not one of them. How they must have been certain that this football club, for so long a source of mirth and irrelevance, would never pose a threat to their place in the footballing world.

No wonder they all seem so pissed off with how things ended up.

Steviesleftpeg said:
When he was good, boy he was good. Could take on anybody on his day. I was gutted when he was sold.

Will always give him a good ovation

Always liked Stevie. Couldn't understand why he couldn't replicate that great season he had. Maybe he never got over Robinho going!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.