Ireland slams door shut on international return

stratopedia

Don't see this posted anywhere. Hope I'm right...

<a class="postlink" href="http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/snet-673014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/sh ... net-673014</a>

Basically a win situation for us but... I don't know, a part of me does want City players to roam around at the World Cup.

Given they qualify.

Good i wish all our players would do the same, did anyone think oh shite when Barry went down injured in a poxy friendly on saturday ? i want all our best players in sky blue 100% fit with so many of our squad playing all around the world we are gonna get someone injured must be a worry for MH.

I agree,

It isn't just the injuries it is all the travelling too. These games go on all over the world so some of our players will only be getting back to the training ground on the Friday before a game, how Hughes is expected to prepare I don't know.

Ireland's decision is great news, free to concentrate on his club form, I think he will only get better.

stratopedia said:
Don't see this posted anywhere. Hope I'm right...

<a class="postlink" href="http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/snet-673014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/sh ... net-673014</a>

Basically a win situation for us but... I don't know, a part of me does want City players to roam around at the World Cup.

Given they qualify.

Perhaps, and I can see where people are coming from on this. That said, I would love to see him at the world cup. Afterall, you want so see the best players there.

The only time I'd like to see Stevie at the WC is if Doyle and *unt weren't there. I can't stand those cretins.

I reckon that the reason he's not going to return to international football is the fact that the "bullies" are still there and they'll never let it go. He's just going to prove what he can do playing for City.
What will be interesting is to see what happens between him and Hunt when we play Hull.

NQT said:
I reckon that the reason he's not going to return to international football is the fact that the "bullies" are still there and they'll never let it go. He's just going to prove what he can do playing for City.
What will be interesting is to see what happens between him and Hunt when we play Hull.

This is exactly correct and the FAI do not have the will power to put it right - in fact I will go as far as say that they do not know they have done anything wrong. It is expected that if you are in a football dressing room then normal work place respect goes out of the window - the management are still around who came on national TV and said "If the lad cannot take a bit of slagging then he should be in football" - granted this was not Trap or Brady but thise guys are still part of the setup.

Oh BTW I would love to see Stevie as part of the Ireland squad because 1/ it would get rid of Hunt and 2/ It would add to his development as a player and that would be the real advantage for City.

I think the only reason it would add development to his game is by playing against the worlds best. I dont think he would be playing with better players in the ireland setup than he does now.

mancboy123 said:
I think the only reason it would add development to his game is by playing against the worlds best. I dont think he would be playing with better players in the ireland setup than he does now.

Thats for sure mate :-) :-) There was no way I was even suggesting he could learn anything from Doyle, Alexander, Whelan or my mate Hunt!! Just from the quality of opposition.

NQT said:

this story is just a rumour and to get rid of hunt etc if the story is true you need s.i. to come out with the truth rather than some stupid lies about grannies dying and miscarraiges

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.