Ireland vs France

davymcfc said:
is it just me or is keith andrews absolutely fuckin bobbins?

A half-fit Steven Reid is far better than Andrews. Why Andy Reid is no where near the squad is beyond me.

I can't see them doing it. Ireland just don't seem to have enough quality. France may be poorly managed, but they still have the players that make all the difference.

Pissed off Trap is a shocking manager who got a new 2 year deal madness. Takes off the 3 players that were playing well in Duff , Lawrence and Doyle and brings on McGeady , Best and Hunt the fucker whenever he got the ball he gave it away.

Fair play to France they deserved the win was a bit unlucky not to get a peno before they scored the goal Given had no chance with that. I give up with Ireland these next 2 years under Trap is going to be shit. Need to get rid of Kilbane and need to find a new left winger to replace Duff add to that a striker. Is there any decent English players who want to do a Cascarino and say he is Irish and do us a favour to score us a few goals. The worst group of players I have seen in a long long time of watching Ireland and we have had some shit players over the years.

Not over yet, but Ireland need to be much more adventurous in both tactics and team selection on Wednesday, and that simply isn't in Trap's nature. It's shit or bust time, not damage limitation as is so often the Italian way away from home

I can't post a new thread yet because I am just a boy so I have sort of hijacked this one!

I thought Ireland (republic of) gave a good show today as did England.

I have seen our some of our back 4 play well today (Richards, Lescott, Bridge) [and Dunne - why did we sell him?]

The keeper has worked well (Given)

We know that City always perform going forwards - never a problem scoring goals.

A rag (Brown) lost us the game against Brazil, 3 rags and 4 City players.

SWP played well - surely it is just a matter of time till City benefit from all these international stars and I for one can't wait!

Oh yes and France were quite good too - bugger!

If Ireland wins the next match I would be shocked. I wouldnt mind seeing a 3 man striker force nothing to loose. Keane , Stokes and Doyle could work. Keane and Stokes could drop back into the midfield when defending.

My team just for a laugh.
Given
Dunne St Ledger O' Shea in a back 3.
Duff , Andrews , McGeady , Lawrence midfield 4
Keane , Doyle , Stokes strikeforce.

I know it wont happen but Trap has to do something that will shock the French so what if we get trashed but the formation we normally play is too defensive and we wont score in Paris if we play that way.
I hope Sky get the match as it seems like RTE wont be showing at this moment in time.

Pissed off, went all the way up to Dublin and that happens, ffs, the luck of the Irish saying should be changed, it's a joke, we never get any luck, I mean come on.
The team worked themselves to the bone, but no amount of work will fix the fact that it doesn't matter how good the rest of the team is, backs and forwards, our mid is shocking, they can't get good ball to up front, and their poor play in the mid undoes any work done by our backs and keeper. They just can't keep the ball all they did for the entire of the 2nd half was give the ball away. It was infuriating to watch.
Devastated with the goal, so unlucky. But that's our running theme I suppose. Luck of the Irish my feckin arse.
Pity we can't have decent midfield players, for some reason he's not picking our 2 best mid players to come in. Surely now you'd think he'd have no choice because we can't go and sit back in France and have them play at us.
No WC yet again, thank you mr Platini.
And on another note, I don't know who saw it, but the cheek of the French in the end, some refusing to shake hands, bratty spoilt modern players. Who the hell do they think they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.