Ireland

gman07

It's frustrating to see last years best player struggle to make the same impact this year... but is he really struggeling?

Im currently watching Wolves-City again on replay on tele and tried to make a point on looking at Irelands play...

I noticed that he makes the same runs as last year but he never ever gets the ball when making them... bellamy and tevez and Petrov are more focused on finding each other than look for other players from us namely Ireland... I truly wish they would look up more before passing the ball because Irelands runs are so freaking good and would be more goals for us if they did IMO

I also see that he often is in the oppositions penalty box when we attack but rarely is the player getting the ball... he covers so much ground in both ends its unreal... but he rarely do the spectacular things with the ball... short passes alot... on occassion trying the killer pass...

What are your thoughts on Ireland this season?

spot on!i think hes just bit unlucky at the moment,making some great runs that arent getting picked out.his time will come.

They were my thoughts entirely on Ireland's performance yesterday, he made the run's but wasn't given the pass.

We could have been raving about Ireland today just as much as Tevez and Co

He looked unfit/injured to me.
Perhaps he just needs a goal,a midfield playmaker is something we may NOT be using much in the future,we have SWP & RSC to come back which gives us other options.
He's still a quality player but like Rob he may not get as many starts as he'd like.

gman07 said:
What are your thoughts on Ireland this season?

Pretty much the same as yours.
There was one clear opportunity last night when we broke. Ireland bust a gut and was on the blind side of the defender. If Bellamy had passed the ball anywhere in a twenty yard radius of Ireland, he'd have been in on goal.
Ireland's also been asked to play a more disciplined role this season which hasn't helped his game, but we all know that the lad is City through and through and he'll come out of the other side of this rough patch

If Bellamy had of put him through 1 on 1 when he should have done, and Stevie slotted it in, people would be saying "last year's Stevie is back". It's fine margins in football. It's also hard for him when he has to do a job for the team on the right. He made some good passes during some of our counter attacks early on when he was in the centre, but then couldn't influence the game as much from the right.

A perfect example is yesterday when we had countered from a Wolves corner, Ireland had bust a gut running down the centre of the pitch midway through Wolves' half and Bellers simply hadn't seen him and picked the wrong pass...

...That pass to Ireland would have been another great move and surely another goal.

And its not only in the match against Wolves really... its been the same the whole season... been screaming alot at the tele to pass Ireland but its on very few occasions that has happened... I think Ireland has been missing to link up with robinho who found him often last year...

I agree. I've noticed the runs he has been making, often on the other wing. Last year we didn't have the options we have now. Last season when Elano played he was forever looking for Robinho and Robbie had the option of Stevie. But I think The Emerald Prince relishes the central role he has been getting lately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.