Ireland

The runs he makes are incredibly intelligent, but often require serious vision and passing ability to play him through. That's why him and Robinho struck a great partnership last year - nobody on the field last night had the vision and ability to execute as nicely as Robinho can.

He needs to be more vocal and look a bit more interested. He should have been screaming at Bellamy to give him the ball. Also noticed when around the box (when tevez won the ball and it pinged to Bellamy who missed the first sitter) he was close but never looked for the ball...it's as if he doesn't want it passed to him in case he misses. Might be low in confidence. Hope Manc can sort him out.

Blu KB said:
They were my thoughts entirely on Ireland's performance yesterday, he made the run's but wasn't given the pass.

We could have been raving about Ireland today just as much as Tevez and Co

Especially if Bellamy had made THAT pass last night, Ireland would have been Superman again!!!

He has been playing well but not as fantastically well as last season and the little breaks aren't going his way at the minute. This does now seem to be affecting his confidence a bit and I have a slight fear that he may be worried himself that things will go the way they did under Sven and all the fans will be on his back again. For all his recent improvement and growth both on and off the field he is still seems to be quite a fragile character so I think its very important that we continue to let him know that we all think Ireland is superman and once that first goal comes hell soon be back to his best again

He has not done himself any favours recently but he deserves our backing as he has been a really good player for us last couple of years, everyone has a bad patch.

gman07 said:
And its not only in the match against Wolves really... its been the same the whole season... been screaming alot at the tele to pass Ireland but its on very few occasions that has happened... I think Ireland has been missing to link up with robinho who found him often last year...

I totally agree with you fella, I've been screaming the same thing myself at the tele all season. That's why it pisses me off so much when people criticise Ireland, the lad is doing the same hard graft he did last year but he's just not getting the ball passed to him by his team mates.

Just for the wolves game i can think of 2 situations last night when Ireland could of scored if the ball was passed to him. One being the Bellamy incident and the other being when someone passed the ball from the left wing to someone in the 6 yard box when they were completely covered but Ireland was in complete space near to the penalty spot (lol I've had a beer i can't think of there faces atm).

Also i think you right about Robinho as well, Robinho generally had a shit game against stoke but he was picking Ireland out at times which in turn made him have a great game. In fact just from Ireland's performance during the stoke game I'd say with out a doubt he is the best passer of the ball at the club. He just needs the ball to be feed to him more often so he can use his vision and technique to set things up for us.

Yesh!! me too watching in front of the TV, looking at where stephen ireland position is and his running is fun, but his teammates isn't passing the ball to him enough for him to make an impact to the game.
Stephen Ireland seems lost in the park when he is shifted to the right. He is by far our most accomplish creative passer. I still feel De Jong and SI in the middle of the park would work and barry go to left back when Swp is back. I have a feeling that mancini will likeup his team coming match. I really do hope SI would be our talisman, he is my fav. XD

salfordblue-tony2 said:
teebee67 said:
I agree Ireland is still making runs but not getting picked out. Regards his tackling, he has always been good at winning the ball back but when it comes to a 50/50 crunch tackle he has always "bottled it". Barry and Robhino also stay well clear of 50/50 balls.

Disagree. Must have been watching different games. Couldn't agree more with OP. Been very frustrating. I think it will come though, because Manc is talking about keeping the ball on the ground and not giving it away so much. That has to play to Stevie's strength. If I was Sweep though I'd be worried. Manc is likely to get frustrated at his runs and passes that lose possession. I am, even though I know he sometimes pulls off a moment of genius to turn a game. Just not enough IMO.

Challenger1978 said:
gman07 said:
And its not only in the match against Wolves really... its been the same the whole season... been screaming alot at the tele to pass Ireland but its on very few occasions that has happened... I think Ireland has been missing to link up with robinho who found him often last year...

I totally agree with you fella, I've been screaming the same thing myself at the tele all season. That's why it pisses me off so much when people criticise Ireland, the lad is doing the same hard graft he did last year but he's just not getting the ball passed to him by his team mates.

Just for the wolves game i can think of 2 situations last night when Ireland could of scored if the ball was passed to him. One being the Bellamy incident and the other being when someone passed the ball from the left wing to someone in the 6 yard box when they were completely covered but Ireland was in complete space near to the penalty spot (lol I've had a beer i can't think of there faces atm).

Also i think you right about Robinho as well, Robinho generally had a shit game against stoke but he was picking Ireland out at times which in turn made him have a great game. In fact just from Ireland's performance during the stoke game I'd say with out a doubt he is the best passer of the ball at the club. He just needs the ball to be feed to him more often so he can use his vision and technique to set things up for us.

I think that was Bellamy too, he tried to pick out Tevez in a crowded 6 yard box.

kiam06 said:
He has not done himself any favours recently but he deserves our backing as he has been a really good player for us last couple of years, everyone has a bad patch.
well its hard to yourself any favours when you do so much right and dont get noticed by your team mates... if they could learn to look for him he will rise to last years form

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.