Irelands transformation

I think these things sometimes simply happen, it's hard to put your finger on why, they just do, and it is fruitless trying to find one reason as to why it happened. Take David White, or Steve Redmond both of them showed flashes of the players they could be, before fading away. I'm sure every club has many players that do just that, its often easy to forget, we say ooh this player is crap, or that player, but in truth if you can find a football club to pay you money and often LOTS of money you are a damn good player, the gap between the very best and that next level down is sometimes wafer thin. Look at Ian Ashbee he has now played in all 4 divisions and mostly hasn't looked out of place in the top flight this year with Hull.

The good thing about Irelands interview with the BBC yesterday was. When he was asked about the goal. He said something like it has been 5 games since I last scored a goal and I was worried about it a bit. What a bloke I would expect something like that out of 1 of the forwards when they get there act together but to come from Ireland it says it all really. We could have the new Gerrard or Lampard on our hands here if he keeps it up. Compare the 3 of them at Irelands age of 22 who is out preforming who I think Stevie has shown more than Gerrard and Lampard did at that age.

I think in Ireland we have a potential city great , something we just haven;t had since the 60's , ok Goater was a hero but not a gifted player who we brought through the ranks and had a great career with us , same goes for kinky.

I'm getting him on the back of my away shirt and I'm 41!

I think it is a mix of all of the above. The main thing is definitely the fitness/strength tho.

When I was younger I did a similar thing, not martial arts mind, and I came back the next season and played even better.

Fast forward a few years, after a pre season of smoking, drinking etc, and I had to fake injury at half time, of the 1st game of the season, through exhaustion :P

Daniel Sturridge said:
He's changed cos of his new haircut.

Caicedo has seconded this theory now as well, since he got a new hair cut.

Get 'em all down the barbers!

;)

Theory - Closed

Proof - Ellano's Cornrows DOH!

keemanan said:
I'm getting him on the back of my away shirt and I'm 41!
I'm 30 and I already have him on my shirt.
A shame that the guy at the shop had to search for the letters.

I think it was Sven (might have been Backe) who was asked last year about who the biggest talent in the club was, and he answered that Ireland was the biggest talent he had ever come across. Unfortunately, it showed more in practice sessions than in actual games.

One shouldn't forget that he has a new best friend on midfield in Robinho, those two are hooking up great, and this is of course affecting his overall performance as well as natural progression.

The previous answer.Ireland has flourished alongside other greatly gifted confident midfielder-attackers such as SWP and Robinho.

The oP has a point though .... maybe Irelands hair was his kryptonite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.