Irish Current Affairs.

Would be interested to get an Irish perspective on this article:

It sounds like Sunak is making some progress.
From a Northern Ireland perspective, thats pretty encouraging...not really a fan of Sunak, but that reads quite well.
I think the protocol is a great opportunity for us here...we've always been that wee country up at the top left, but not "in" the UK.
I personally dont really mirror the DUPs concerns about being cut off, and there being a border in the sea...but i suppose i accept their point of view, its important to them....but they cant hold this country to ransom, its crumbling all around us.
Yes negotiate with the DUP (and now ERG), but if there are concessions to them then Sunak needs to stand the fuck up and make them get back to doing their job, or allow (make) our devolved government to get up and running again.

From a Northern Ireland perspective, thats pretty encouraging...not really a fan of Sunak, but that reads quite well.
I think the protocol is a great opportunity for us here...we've always been that wee country up at the top left, but not "in" the UK.
I personally dont really mirror the DUPs concerns about being cut off, and there being a border in the sea...but i suppose i accept their point of view, its important to them....but they cant hold this country to ransom, its crumbling all around us.
Yes negotiate with the DUP (and now ERG), but if there are concessions to them then Sunak needs to stand the fuck up and make them get back to doing their job, or allow (make) our devolved government to get up and running again.
thats my take on it. Its an opportunity for Sunak to grow some and get this deal done. For NI once this is agreed surely its an advantage over the rest of the UK?

thats my take on it. Its an opportunity for Sunak to grow some and get this deal done. For NI once this is agreed surely its an advantage over the rest of the UK?
I dunno about advantage over the rest of the UK...we have plenty of shit going against us too :-)

Cant we see it as an advantage to all of the UK? Afterall, we are part of the UK too arent we? Or is NI just some wee country up to the top left? ;-)

Its awful....another reminder that these scumbags are still around and need very little (nothing) to kick off. I still believe the direction of Brexit and the NI Protocol will influence the actions of paramilitaries on both/all sides

It appears he is still alive...hopefully he'll pull through

Appalling. In Omagh of all places too, they've had more than their fair share of tragedy. Hopefully he pulls through with no lasting damage.

I dunno about advantage over the rest of the UK...we have plenty of shit going against us too :-)

Cant we see it as an advantage to all of the UK? Afterall, we are part of the UK too arent we? Or is NI just some wee country up to the top left? ;-)
Now now. You know I don’t think that. ;-) Don’t you have an advantage over the rest of the Uk trading with the EU? I sometimes wonder about moving to your part of the world.

Of course a settled agreement that protect the nIP is good for all of us.

Now now. You know I don’t think that. ;-) Don’t you have an advantage over the rest of the Uk trading with the EU? I sometimes wonder about moving to your part of the world.

Of course a settled agreement that protect the nIP is good for all of us.
:-) glad you got the joke :-)

I think its that we have opportunity for business, production etc as a result of the Protocol. A half way house between GB and the EU.. so ultimately, good for us all

Govt to give the DUP a veto on the NI Protocol deal. Think we have seen this movie before. Source @reuters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.